OrgSync is our campus' connector to student organizations. OrgSync users can explore our 140+ clubs and organizations, connect with other members of an organization, check out upcoming campus events on their calendar, manage their own organizational involvement, contact club leaders and register for activities and events.
New to OrgSync? No problem! Just follow these easy steps to get registered in OrgSync.
In order to join the Xavier community in OrgSync, you must be a registered student with an active campus login ID.
- Using Mozilla Firefox* internet browser, follow the link above - Register with OrgSync
- Sign In using your MYXU Portal Login & password
- Once you're in OrgSync, complete your Xavier University Profile, click the Finish button at the bottom and you're all set!
This tab connects you to all of the organizations registered in OrgSync. By hovering over this tab, you will see a drop down selection of your current organizations. By default, every user is a member of "Xavier Musketeers." When you click on the Organizations tab, you will see a searchable list of all of the clubs and organizations at Xavier.
Joining A Club/Organization
Ready to expand your involvement? OrgSync has multiple ways for you to join organizations. By clicking on the "Organizations" tab to browse all of the opportunities, there is a "Join Now" button with each group that allows you to express interest in joining the group through OrgSync.
Another option is to contact the leaders of the organization directly. To do so, click the name of the organization, loading their public information, and you can then email one of the officers to find out information about joining the group or their next meeting time and location.
Campus-Wide Events Calendar
By clicking on the "My Tools" tab at the top of your OrgSync page, you can access your personal calendar feature. The "My Calendar" tool shows upcoming activities for all organizations of which you are a member. Adjusting the filter to "Community-Wide" will allow you to see all of the events and activities that have been published by organizations to the Community-Wide Events Calendar. Organizations are encouraged to submit their major events and activities to this calendar to share with others what is happening on campus at any given time.
*OrgSync is designed to be the most compatible with Mozilla Firefox. We encourage you to use Firefox in order to optimize your OrgSync experience. Some features may not load correctly in Internet Explorer, Safari or Google Chrome.
Already registered with a profile in OrgSync? Well then it's time to login!
OrgSync User Resources
- Submitting Your Events to the Community-Wide Calendar (.pdf)
- Communicating with Your Members (.pdf)
- Utilizing Forms on your Portal (.pdf)
Each Organization page (portal) has a list of modules that allow you to interact with the organization. As a member of the organization, these modules allow you to communicate with other members of the group or to submit information to the group through OrgSync.
- People: This module allows you to browse the profiles of members in your organizations.
- Communication: This module allows for numerous ways of storing contact information and also communicating with members. The different ways include: contact books, discussions, email lists, news, SMS/texting, polls, and messaging.
- Calendar: This module allows you to view all of your organization’s events on one calendar. You can also view the community-wide calendar, which shows the events that have been made public to all community members by clicking on the "My Tools" tab at the top of your page.
- Events: This module allows you to create, track, and promote all of your events and who attended.
- Files: This module can be used as a digital cabinet of important documentation that can be customizable to who has access to files/folders.
- Forms: This module is used to create online forms that are used to fill out and submit applications, registrations, surveys, assessments, and nominations.
- Bookmarks: This module allows your organization to share a list of hyperlinks to websites that are relevant to your organization.
- Photos: This module allows members to upload and share organization photos.
- To-Do Lists: This module is used by organizations with projects that can be managed and specific Tasks can be assigned or claimed by members with access to view the To-Do Lists.
- Videos: This module allows members to embed and share videos.
For more information on these modules, check out OrgSync's Organization Tools Help Page.