Applications are accepted throughout the year from students with a bachelor's degree and a solid academic background. You may begin the program in the summer, fall, or spring term.
To apply for official acceptance as a degree-seeking student, submit the following application materials to the office of graduate services:
- graduate application form
- $35 application fee
- one official transcript sent directly from the college/university to graduate services, of all previous undergraduate and graduate course work.
- one official transcript sent directly to the director of secondary education.
- official test scores from the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). The MAT is offered here at Xavier. For information about registering for the MAT, please call 513 745-3531. If you have previously taken the GRE and want to have your scores sent to Xavier, please contact GRE at 1 888 GRE-SCORE.
- an interview with a secondary education advisor. (To schedule call 513 745-3701.)
- a notarized statement of moral character. (Forms are available from the secondary education advisors.)
- a career objectives essay. (Forms are available from the secondary education advisors.)
* Students who will be pursuing the licensure in addition to or instead of the M.Ed. degree, need to apply for admission as a LICENSURE SEEKING student. Official transcripts and test scores must also be submitted.
Applications are processed immediately upon receiving all of the necessary materials, and you will be notified of your status as soon as possible. The admission committee considers all of the information contained in the admission application, including prior grades, test scores, and evidence of potential for success in graduate study.
For further information about the M.Ed. in secondary education, including an application, please complete the web inquiry form. Questions regarding the application process may be e-mailed directly to the office of graduate services at firstname.lastname@example.org. To contact the director of the M.Ed. in secondary education, Jeff Hutton, call 513 745-3702 or 800 344-4698. Mr. Hutton can also be reached by e-mail at email@example.com.