Please use this website to stay in contact with Xavier on matters of campus safety. The home page Public Safety Notices box will provide the latest and most accurate information for you and your student on matters of campus safety. Use the Resources tab to gain access to all campus and community resources who have safety responsibilities. We take your student's safety and well being very seriously and hope you do too.
We need your help. The transition to college life can be challenging for both the student and the parents. Student safety is a concern of parents and new students. Students need to think about things which were never a concern when living at home, and there are actions students can take to safeguard themselves and their property. We hope that this page will help you help your student make smart choices when dealing with their safety.
Talk to Your Student About Safety
- Have them sign up for XU Alert Me
- Have them put the Xavier Police number, (513) 745-1000, in their cell phone speed dial. If there's a problem, any problem, call Xavier Police.
- Have them lock their doors regardless of whether they live on-campus or off-campus.
- Don't bring non-essential valuables to campus. Leave them at home.
- Make sure they safeguard their electronic items, textbooks and cars.
- Have them use the campus shuttle service or travel in groups when going off-campus.
- Tell them to be smart about all aspects of alcohol consumption and substance abuse. Make your expectations clear.
- Talk about their fire safety training in the residence halls and how to respond to a fire alarm.