Office of Retention and Parent Outreach
Sophomore Top 10
The Top 10 things that you should do by the end of your sophomore year
- Learn more about yourself and your unique gifts by participating in programs offered by the Dorothy Day Center for Faith and Justice.
- Participate in an Internship. To learn more about internship opportunities please contact the Career Services Center.
- Consider participating in a study abroad program or go on an Alternative Break.
- Get to know faculty better by participating in the Out to Lunch program sponsored by The Office of Residence Life and Housing.
- Get involved in campus clubs or organizations and consider taking on a leadership role. Club Day on the Mall is a great way to learn about campus clubs and organizations.
- Attend the Leadership Summit.
- Learn more about your major, career and research opportunities by talking with faculty in your discipline.
- Deciding on a major or minor? Schedule a meeting with your advisor or a member of the Career Services staff to learn more about careers and opportunities in your field.
- Are you thinking about living off campus next year? Check out "Moving Off Campus 101" to learn more about this process.
- For those considering graduate school, begin to investigate graduate school programs.