O'Connor Sports Center
The Sports Center is located along Victory Parkway between the Soccer Field and Baseball Field. Xavier Students have automatic membership and are admitted by showing their valid Xavier All Card. Faculty/Staff, Alumni and Community Memberships are also available. For more information please call the Customer Service Desk at 513-745-3208, or visit the website.
Xavier University Intramural Sports
Xavier University Intramural Sports offers a fun, yet competitive way for students to interact. There are many intramural sports league, tournaments, and special events offered during the school year for students interested in men's, women's, and coed activities. The sports offer a level of competitiveness between students that is also just a way of having fun.
For more information, please visit the Intramural Sports website.
Club Sports At A Glance...
The Club Sports program is designed to serve the interests of Xavier University by providing opportunities for Xavier University students, faculty and staff to continue participating or learn a new sport/recreational activity. While Club Sports fall on a competitive level between intramurals and intercollegiate athletics, the member?s involvement in the Clubs is structured to be a learning experience for the members through their involvement in the organization and administration of club activities as well as the development of sports skills. As the members are active participants in the leadership and decision making process of the clubs, clubs may vary in focus and programming.
The teams hold practices two to four times per week and all of clubs are required to have a coach. Our clubs do not have large budgets; therefore the clubs must fundraise and charge membership dues to subsidize their existence. The teams compete against other club teams from universities throughout the Midwest such as Indiana University, University of Kentucky, Ohio State University, Miami of Ohio and the University of Cincinnati. Many of the club sports play in leagues and can compete for a national championship. Participation in the Club Sports program is an excellent way to develop leadership skills, meet new friends with similar interests, stay in shape and enhance athletic skills.
For more information, please visit the Club Sports website.
Outdoor Adventure Education
The Recreational Sports Department is committed to the creation of an Outdoor Adventure Education program. This program is to be designed to provide an outdoor recreational experience for students, including: camping, rafting, canoeing, kayaking, hiking, climbing, and other outdoor pursuits. Here are a few examples of activities and plans for this new program:
- Large trips ? ex. White-water rafting in West Virginia, hiking parts of the Appalachian Trail, camping at the Red River Gorge in Kentucky, using the Ohio River for trips.
- Small local trips ? ex. East Fork Lake in Clermont County, the Little Miami River, the Big Miami River.
- On-Campus demos ? ex. Paddle techniques using the OSC pool, Boat swamping using the OSC pool, class sessions on hiking, camping, paddling, fire-building, etc.
- Off-campus collaborations ? creating organized usage of local climbing walls, working with local Outdoor vendors to host demos or equipment displays, collaboration with local bicycle shops.
- Equipment Rental - All equipment would have the ability to be rented by the Xavier community. These items will be priced by daily, weekend, and week price points.
- Collaborate with Academics in offering course credit for expended trips.
- Development of ?Team Building? exercises and challenges.
For more information, please visit the Outdoor Adventure Education website.
All Xavier University Fitness Classes are sponsored by the Recreational Sports Department. Instructors are paid based on income from pass sales. There must be at least 5 participants in each class in order for the class to be held. The First Week of each session is free during the Fall and Spring.
All participants in the Fitness Program in the Recreational Sports Department must sign a waiver. Waivers are good for the year.
For more information, please visit the Fitness Training website.