Xavier offers a number of resources to help you succeed throughout your college career and beyond. If you would like more information about any of the resources below, please click the "Visit" link beneath it.
The Career Development Office is your one stop location for all things career exploration ? from figuring out what your interests are to providing you with options for where your major can lead. We welcome you to peruse the Major & Career Exploration page as well as stop in to schedule a time to chat with us and find out all we can do with and for you.
The Language Resource Center is a place for language students to complete electronic assignments, record voice samples for class, or connect with others who share their passion for language. Students have access to web cameras and large-screen monitors for virtual language sessions, foreign film screenings, or study sessions.
Learning Assistance Center
The Learning Assistance Center (LAC) provides support services to facilitate learning. We provide these services in a positive and encouraging environment which promotes appreciation for diversity and Cura Personalis.
- Tutoring: Our free tutoring services include subject specific tutoring, drop-in sessions, study skills assistance, and Supplemental Instruction (SI).
- Disability Services: For students with documented disabilities, our disability services provides accommodations such as extended time on exams, reduced distraction testing environment, note-taking assistance, and assistive technology.
Top 10 Things You need to Know About the Library:
- Library and Learning Commons: What our connected, collaborative buildings have to offer.
- Library Collections: All of our resources, from print to digital, books to articles, DVDs to streaming videos.
- Search@XU : Introducing a new way to search the library. Find books, articles and more.
- Borrowing Books and More: What you can check out for how long, and how to order materials from other libraries.
- Finding Articles : Use the library databases and online journals to find articles.
- Reserves: Electronic and Traditional
- Get Help : Contact a librarian or go online for library and technical help.
- Connection Center : The place to go for research help, circulation and technical help.
- Fun Stuff : Have fun at your library. Check out a leisure reading book or relax with a movie.
- Still Need Help?: Where to turn for classroom support, technical help, and more.
The Mathematics Tutoring Lab is a free service to Xavier students in most math classes. It is a great place to come and work on homework, either by yourself or with a small group, and have someone available to answer any questions.
Through the Center for International Education, you can learn about many ways to study abroad, including short-term and long-term academic programs, academic service learning semesters, internships, and direct exchanges. In addition to opportunities sponsored through Xavier, the office can also advise you about opportunities sponsored by other universities and program sponsors.
TRiO, Student Support Services
TRiO, Student Support Services (SSS) is an educational program funded by the U.S. Department of Education with the goal of graduating eligible students and preparing them for a post-baccalaureate education or career. The office provides an academic, professional and personal support system that guides student participants to benefit from educational opportunities and achieve a greater quality of life.
The Writing Center provides a quiet atmosphere for writing that is equipped with PCs and printers, as well as free access to tutorial assistance. The Writing Center's library provides resources such as research guides, style manuals and handbooks, and documentation guides.