FAQs About Jobs and Financial Concerns



Q. What do I do if I have lost my scholarship or financial aid?

A. The Office of Financial Assistance reviews the academic progress of all undergraduate students to ensure that students are meeting the requirements to remain eligible to receive financial aid.  Students who do not meet the eligibility requirements may appeal to have their aid continued on a probationary status.  This appeal is reviewed by an appeals committee and if the probationary status is continued it is important for students to understand the terms of the probationary status.  Your financial aid counselor is a great resource for explaining what is required to maintain your financial aid and the requirements for having your aid fully reinstated. For more information, click here.

Q. What should I do if I have a Bursar hold and I cannot register? How do I get it removed?

A. If your hold is based on the fact that you have not enrolled in a payment plan for the semester, you can complete the process by going to the Student Hub.

  1. Click on the Self-Service Box
  2. Sign in to Xavier's Central Authentication Service (CAS)
  3. Click on Student Services
  4. Click on Student Account/Bursar Information
  5. Click on My Bursar Account
  6. Choose your payment plan from the options listed

Be sure to read the Terms and Conditions. Complete the process by submitting your information. The hold will be removed from your account through our overnight process.

If your hold is due to an outstanding account balance, you can make a payment online. The hold will then be removed from your account the next business day.

The Bursar's Office is open Monday through Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm to assist you. The Bursar’s Office can accept cash and check payments over the counter while credit card and eChecks can be made online. Please refer to our website www.xavier.edu/bursar for the Frequently Asked Question: How do I make a payment on my bursar account?

Q. Can I get a job on campus?

A. Yes, students who have received federal college work study (CWS) on their financial aid award are able to get a job on campus. They will need to attend the job fair and secure on on-campus job. Those students who have university employment also may work an on-campus job. For students who have neither CWS nor university employment must wait until mid-October or November until all of the Federal CWS and employment students have been offered jobs before they have an opportunity to work. For more information about on-campus jobs, click here.

Q. Is there a place where I can learn about career options?

A. Xavier University has a Career Development Office to help students select a major, work on resumes, find an internship and much more. For more information, visit their website here. They are located on the 5th floor of the Conaton Learning Commons (CLC) and their phone number is (513) 745- 3141. 


Q. Where can I get information on financial aid?

A. You can look at the Office of Student Financial Assistance website here. The office’s phone number is (513)- 745-3142 and their office is located on the first floor of Schott Hall.

Q. What is the first step to be eligible for financial aid?

A. The first step to being eligible for financial aid is to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) every February starting with your son’s or daughter’s senior year in high school. The FAFSA can be picked up at any high school Guidance Office or college Financial Aid Office. It can also be filed online. The FAFSA should be filed regardless of income.