RA Application Materials
Thank you for your interest in applying for a Resident Assistant Position. You will find all you need to apply on this site. Application materials are due to the Office of Residence Life by 5pm on January 18th.
If you are interested in attending an information session hosted by a Residence Life Professional Staff member, please select from the following dates (these sessions are helpful but optional):
- November 26 Brockman,8:00pm Tucker’s Lounge
- November 27 Husman, 7:30pm Basement lounge
- November 27 Commons, 8:00pm Commons 1st floor lounge
- November 28 Kuhlman, 8:00pm Ground Floor Rec Room
- November 28 Commuter Students, 2:00pm Commuter Lounge
- November 29 Buenger/UA/Manor, 8 PM Buenger Lobby
- November 29 Fenwick Place, 8:30pm 4D Lounge
- December 4 Village, 8:00pm Multipurpose Room
Please note that your completed application should include:
- Three Letters of Recommendation (See requirements below)
- A completed spring schedule
- A signed RA Role Training Statement
- A signed RA Role Modeling Statement
Are you a current RA who hopes to return next year? The returner/SRA application is available on the RA website.
Requirements for Letters of Recommendation: The applicant should turn in all recommendations to the Office of Residence Life by 5 pm on Friday, January 18th. Recommendations should not be faxed or mailed directly to the Office of Residence Life. Recommendation writers must return the forms to the applicant before the due date. If an applicant chooses to waive the right to view their references, the letters should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the applicant's name on the front. The writer should sign their name over the seal to ensure confidentiality. The 3 letters of recommendation must be from the following 3 individuals:
- A current or former Student Life and Leadership staff member, preferably someone from Residence Life (RA, Hall Director, etc.)
- Another member of the Xavier community, preferably a faculty or staff member
- Anyone you choose (i.e. work supervisor, coach, etc.)
The Office of Residence Life is located in the Musketeer Mezzanine at Fenwick Place. Once you have turned in your application materials, you will be asked to sign up for a one group process interview and one individual interview. The dates for these are:
- Individual Interview: Process begins January 23th
- Group Process Interview: February 17, 2013
On Friday, January 22nd there will be a Pre-Night session for all RA candidates. Our current RA staff puts this event on for you to become more familiar with the interview process and to answer any questions that you may have. The event is casual! Time and location are yet to be determined, but the event should last no more than an hour.
If you have any questions about the process or your application, please contact:
- Angie Kneflin, Associate Director of Residence Life, Kneflin@xavier.edu
- Dominick Williams, Kuhlman Hall Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jessica Ashcraft, Fenwick Place Hall Director, email@example.com
Thank you again for your interest in the RA position. Good Luck!