RA Application Materials
Thank you for your interest in applying for a Resident Assistant Position. You will find all you need to apply on this site. Application materials are due to the Office of Residence Life by 5pm on January 23rd.
Please view the RA Job Description here.
If you are interested in attending an information session hosted by a Residence Life Professional Staff member, please select from the following dates (these sessions are helpful but optional):
- November 19 Buenger, 8:00pm Buenger Lobby
- November 20 Apartments,7:00pm Commons 1st Floor Lounge
- November 21 Husman, 7:00pm Basement lounge
- November 21 Fenwick, 8:30pm 4th/5th Floor Lounge
- December 1 Apartments,8:00pm Commons 1st Floor Lounge
- December 3 Kuhlman, 7:00pm Ground Floor Rec Room
- December 5 Commuter Students, 3;00pm Commuter Lounge
- December 9 Brockman, 7:00pm Tucker's Lounge
Please note that your completed application should include:
- The One App Student Leadership Application
- The Supplemental RA Application Materials
- Three Letters of Recommendation (See requirements below)
- A completed spring schedule
- A signed RA Training Statement
- A signed RA Role Modeling Statement
Are you a current RA who hopes to return next year? The returner/SRA application will be available soon!
Requirements for Letters of Recommendation:
The applicant should turn in all recommendations to the Office of Residence Life by 5 pm on Friday, January 23rd. Recommendations should not be faxed or mailed directly to the Office of Residence Life. Recommendation writers must return the forms to the applicant before the due date. If an applicant chooses to waive the right to view their references, the letters should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the applicant's name on the front. The writer should sign their name over the seal to ensure confidentiality. The 3 letters of recommendation must be from the following 3 individuals:
- A current or former Student Life and Leadership staff member, preferably someone from Residence Life (RA, Hall Director, etc.)
- Another member of the Xavier community, preferably a faculty or staff member
- Anyone you choose (i.e. work supervisor, coach, etc.)
The Office of Residence Life is located in the Musketeer Mezzanine at Fenwick Place. Once you have turned in your application materials, you will be asked to sign up for one group process interview and one individual interview. The dates for these are:
- Group Process Interview: January 24th and January 26th
- Individual Interview: Process begins January 28th
On Thursday, January 23rd there will be a Pre-Night session for all RA candidates. Our current RA staff puts this event on for you to become more familiar with the interview process and to answer any questions that you may have. This is a phenomenal networking event as well, and a great chance to learn more about the RA position and res The event is casual! Time and location are yet to be determined, but the event should last no more than an hour.
If you have any questions about the process or your application, please contact:
- Angie Kneflin, Associate Director of Residence Life, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brandon Blackmer, Fenwick Place Hall Director, email@example.com
- Klodi Abazi, Apartments Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you again for your interest in the RA position. Good Luck!