Thank you for your interest in applying for a Resident Assistant Position. You will find all you need to apply on this site. Application materials are due to the Office of Residence Life by 5pm on Tuesday, January 19th, 2016.
Please note that late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Applicants will be removed from the process if their GPA is below 2.5 or if they are not in good conduct standing with the university.
Please view the RA Job Description here.
Information Session dates for the 2016 Spring Semester will be released in January. Please check back for more information!
Please note that your completed application should include:
- The One App Student Leadership Application
- The Supplemental RA Application Materials
- Three Letters of Recommendation (See requirements below)
- A completed spring schedule
Are you a current RA who hopes to return next year? The returner/SRA application was emailed out. Please contact Brandon Blackmer (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need a copy! Applications are due February 1st.
Requirements for Letters of Recommendation:
The applicant should turn in all recommendations to the Office of Residence Life by 5 pm on Tuesday, January 19th. Recommendations should not be faxed or mailed directly to the Office of Residence Life. Recommendation writers must return the forms to the applicant before the due date. If an applicant chooses to waive the right to view their references, the letters should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the applicant's name on the front. The writer should sign their name over the seal to ensure confidentiality. The 3 letters of recommendation must be from the following 3 individuals:
- A current or former Student Life and Leadership staff member, preferably someone from Residence Life (RA, Hall Director, etc.)
- Another member of the Xavier community, preferably a faculty or staff member
- Anyone you choose (i.e. work supervisor, coach, etc.)
The Office of Residence Life is located in the Musketeer Mezzanine at Fenwick Place. Once you have turned in your application materials, you will be asked to sign up for one group process interview and one individual interview. The dates for these are:
- Group Process Interviews: January 22nd and January 24th
- Individual Interviews: January 25th, 26th, 27th, and 28th
- Rehire/SRA Interviews: February 8th, 9th, and 10th
- Decision Notification Day: February 19th at Noon (In Residence Life)
On Thursday, January 21st there will be a Pre-Night session for all RA candidates. Our current RA staff puts this event on for you to become more familiar with the interview process and to answer any questions that you may have. This is a phenomenal networking event as well, and a great chance to learn more about the RA position and Residence Life. The event is casual! Time and location are yet to be determined, but the event should last no more than an hour.
If you have any questions about the process or your application, please contact a member of the Resident Assistant Recruitment & Selection Committee:
- Brandon Blackmer, Fenwick Place Hall Director, email@example.com
- Sara Donnelly, Kuhlman Hall Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zach Harrison, Brockman Hall Director, email@example.com
- Kevin Prothero, Buenger Hall Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you again for your interest in the RA position. Good Luck!