First Year Room Selection - General Information
If you are new to room selection at Xavier University or have questions about the process, you have come to the right place! We are using a new room selection process to allow first year students to pick their own roommates and their own rooms, making the first year experience even better!
- Now - Access the room selection system through the Road to Xavier to get started building your profile and finding your roommate.
- May 1, 2013 ? June 10, 2013 ? View other students who match you best and form your roommate group.
- June 3, 2013 - View your selection times and view the available rooms beginning at 11 am.
- June 10 - Honors Housing Selection ? 4-6pm, Triples & Quads Housing Selection - 6-9pm
- June 11 - Doubles Housing Selection, Female ? 4-7pm
- June 12 - Doubles Housing Selection, Male ? 4-7pm
- June 13 - Expanded Occupancy/Open Housing Selection, Female ? 4-7pm
- June 14 - Expanded Occupancy/Open Housing Selection, Male ? 4-7pm
Fill out some basic information about yourself, as well as your housing preferences. This data will be used to help you find the best available roommate. Even if you plan on going through the process alone, this data can still be used by the Office of Residence Life to help you find the best room.
While you are at it, make sure that your Road to Xavier profile is as complete as possible. Some of this information is used by the room selection system and students viewing your profile can use this information to learn more about you.
Once you have completed your profile you can look at all of the students who match your various preferences. Also during this step you can view students who match you best, match your major, or search for specific people. After your search you can view other students' profiles and invite them to be your roommate. What if I don't want to select a roommate?
When you find someone you want to live with, you can invite them to be your roommate. Likewise, someone else can invite you to be their roommate. Once an invite is accepted, a roommate group is formed. You can only be a member of one roommate group. Please note that for general selection roommate groups will be limited to 2. Roommate groups of 3 and 4 will only be permitted for triples and quads, respectively. There are also a small number of suites for honors students that can hold 6 students. You will not be able to select two rooms in Kuhlman or Husman as a roommate group of four using one roommate's housing selection time. You may sign up as two groups of two and attempt to select rooms connected by a bathroom based on your housing selection times.
During the selection period you will be able to select your room using the earliest time of any of the students in your roommate group, for that period. Plan accordingly using the 'View Available Rooms' link. As students begin to select, the available rooms will be updating automatically, giving you an accurate picture of what is still available.