Winter Break Closing
All halls will close at Noon on Saturday, December 15, 2012. Students must make arrangements to leave the halls by that time. Because 24 hour quiet hours are in effect Saturday, December 8 at 1:00 AM to noon on Saturday, December 15, it is expected that students leave campus 24 hours after their last final exam so that other students can continue to study. The residence halls will re-open on Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 10:00 AM.
All rooms must be left in good condition upon your departure. Please be certain to do the following:
1. Pull all plugs (this includes defrosting your refrigerator and leaving the refrigerator door open).
2. Close windows and lock them. Blinds should be left open except in rooms on ground level.
3. Empty all wastebaskets and remove trash.
4. Remove all Christmas decorations.
5. Pull all items 2-3 feet away from HVAC unit and move refrigerator at least two feet away from the wall (if applicable) to allow for changing of filters. Failure to comply will result in a $25 fine (per student).
6. Remember to take keys, All Card, passport, jewelry, checkbooks, clothing, medicine, etc. with you. Students will not be admitted to the halls after closing.
7. Turn out all lights.
8. Lock your door.
9. Post your "Vacation Check-Out Form" on the outside of your door.
10. After your departure, a room inspection will be conducted by residence life staff to ascertain general condition, maintenance concerns, etc.
Outside Door Access
Upon closing, All Cards will not work on the outside doors of any of the residence halls unless prior permission to remain in Buenger Hall has been given. An application to stay on campus must be completed by noon on December 7. If approved, there will be a $30 per night charge. The buildings will reopen on Saturday, January 5 at 10:00 AM.
Last meal served - Friday, December 14, Dinner
Regular food service resumes – Sunday, January 6, Dinner
(Please remember to keep your All Card for the second semester. You will be
charged a fee if you have to have it replaced.)
NOTE: If you will not be returning to Xavier next semester, please make sure you have notified the Office of Residence Life by completing a Change in Housing Status for Second Semester form by December 7, 2012. Failure to do so will result in you being billed for room and board for spring semester.
ENJOY THE BREAK!