Fall 2012 Early Arrival Request Form
Please note: First Year or Transfer students who have signed up for Manresa who want to arrive on Thursday, August 16th between 6-9pm should NOT complete this form. Please complete the form that is available through the Road to Xavier new student portal. You may only sign up for this early arrival option if you are registered for Manresa and you are assigned to live in Brockman, Husman, or Kuhlman.
Student housing contracts permit students to move in on the stated opening days for each group - first year students on August 17th and upper-class students on August 19th. If for some reason you MUST move in earlier than your assigned date, you must complete and submit this form by August 7th . We will review your request and notify you if you have been approved or not. We prefer that all students move in on their assigned date so that we may have time to properly prepare each room and greet each student at their residence.
Saturday evening option for ALL returning upper-class students: If you are a sophomore, junior, or senior student and would like to move in on Saturday, August 18th from 4-7 pm only, you may do so at no extra charge and do not need to fill out this form. If you would like to arrive prior to August 18, please submit the early arrival request.
Things to note:
- Just because one resident of a room or apartment is approved for an early arrival, does not mean that the other roommate/suitemates can arrive and stay for free. Each person must apply for an exception, and each person will be billed. It is important that we are aware of when each student checks in for safety reasons.
- If your request is approved you will be charged a $30 fee per night.
- You will need to arrive between 8:30am and 5pm on your requested day of arrival to pick up your keys at the office of residence life (unless other arrangements are made).
- Some requests can not be approved based on availability/cleaning schedule for your space.
- If you are a member of a team or group, please contact your coach/advisor directly to make sure you have been included on the early arrival list submitted to our office.