Mission And Goals
In accordance with the Xavier University Mission Statement and the Student Development Mission Statement, the Office of Residence Life seeks to assist in the development of the total person and recognizes residence hall living as an integral part of the students' educational process.
Residence hall living at Xavier creates the opportunity for students to feel a sense of belonging, acquire new skills and experiences, gain self responsibility and integrate knowledge obtained both inside and outside of the classroom. Residence Life staff will work to support students in their personal growth and to challenge students to successfully achieve their academic goals.
The following long-term goals have been developed to support the above mission statement:
- To create an environment that is safe, comfortable and conductive to a complete education
- To provide a sense of belonging and community within the residence halls and apartments
- To create an "out of classroom" educational experience for all residents
- To foster the personal growth and development of individual students
- To create an environment where individual differences are tolerated, appreciated and celebrated
- To teach and promote self-responsibility
- To assertively and accurately communicate information within the department and to the students
- To create a staff that is diverse, well trained, enthusiastic and team-oriented
- To provide involvement and community service opportunities in the residence halls