Policies and Procedures
- Members and students must present their valid membership cards for swiping to front desk employee every time they enter the facility.
- The OSC is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- You must be 18 years of age to purchase a membership.
- Persons under age 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Proper conduct must be observed at all times to avoid possible suspension of OSC privileges.
- As a University recreational facility, the OSC is staffed by students. Therefore, we adhere to the University calendar. Please check listed facility/break hours and closings, posted pool and gym schedules, as well as the update board in the lobby.
- We rent our gymnasium to outside groups. However, we strive to keep courts available unless it is a University event, Intramural event or athletic camp.
- For a facility tour or more information, contact 745-3208.
- Proper swim attire must be worn in the pool.
- Children 12 years of age or younger must be supervised by an adult/guardian.
- All patrons must take a soap shower prior to entering the pool.
- Non-toilet trained children are not permitted in the pool.
- Running, pushing, shoving or horseplay is not permitted.
- Starting blocks are covered and should not be used by anyone other than Swim Team or other approved groups with a coach on deck.
- Patrons suspected of being under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol will not be permitted to enter the pool area.
- Hanging on to lifelines or lane markers is not permitted.
- All individuals 12 years and younger must prove that they can swim 25 yards before being permitted in the deep end.
- Kickboards, noodles and fins are allowed in the pool but must be put away when finished. No horseplay.
- Rentals and XU Swim Team events will supersede open swim. During rentals other than Swim Team, we strive to keep 2-3 lanes available. Please check posted pool schedule and updated board in lobby.
Fitness Areas/Racquetball Courts
- Patrons under the age of 16 are not allowed upstairs or in the Hammer Strength Room.
- There is a 30-minute time limit per cardio equipment during peak hours.
- Racquetball reservations can be made at the front desk or by calling 745-3208.
- Please do not use picture phones while in the facility.
- Please stack weights when finished and clean all skin contact portions of the machines with disinfectant solution provided after each use.
- No inappropriate dress, music or TV stations allowed. No black-soled shoes, sandals or jeans allowed.
- Damage to equipment will result in the appropriate replacement fee. Please use equipment with care.
- One free parking permit is given for one year, six month and faculty/staff family memberships.
- Parking permit hang tags will be mailed to your home or address. Temporary passes are provided at the front desk until the permanent pass arrives in the mail.
- Students are not eligible for parking permits. XU family members may use the south lot, street parking or purchase a student parking pass for student lots by contacting Campus Police at 745-1000.
- Hang tags must be hung from rearview mirror and temporary passes must be placed on the dashboard.
- Rentals will receive 5 free temporary passes with each rental. If more are needed, they may be purchased for $1.00.
- Fitness Class Participants may purchase a semester parking pass for use during fitness classes only for $5.00
Outdoor Basketball Court Policy
- The outdoor basketball courts may be accessed by the Xavier Community (Students and Faculty/Staff) by swiping a valid Xavier All Card in the card reader at the courts. This will unlock the turnstyle for entry. The courts are open to Students, Faculty and Staff Sunday-Thursday, 8am-midnight, Friday and Saturday, 8am-1am. Students and Faculty/Staff should not allow anyone else to utilize their All Card to gain entry. This is a violation of the proper use of the Xavier All Card and can result in a loss of access.
- Community Guests may access the outdoor basketball courts. Individuals 18 years of age and older must sign a liability waiver good for one year and leave a valid driver's license or state issued ID in exchange for an access card. Individuals 14-17 years of age must have a parent/guardian sign a waiver valid for one year and leave a valid School photo ID in exchange for an access card. Individuals under the age of 14 must have a parent/guardian sign a liability wavier valid for one year and that parent or guardian must leave a valid drivers license or state issued ID in exchange for an access card. Individuals under age 14 must be accompanied at the courts by the parent/guardian at all times.
- Once you have your access card you may enter the outdoor courts by swiping the card in the card reader. Once you swipe your card you have 6 seconds to enter the turnstile. The card is only good for one swipe and once it has been swiped it will not longer give you or anyone else access.
- COMMUNITY COURT ACCESS HOURS:
- Regular Hours (during the academic year): Monday-Thursday, 8am-10:30pm, Friday, 8am-6:30pm, Saturday and Sunday, 8am-6:30pm.
- Break Hours (Summer and university breaks): Monday-Thursday, 8am-7:30pm, Friday, 8am-6:30pm, Saturday, 10am-6:30pm, CLOSED ON SUNDAY.
- Cards will not be issues later than 60 minutes prior to the closing of the courts.
- Cards should be returned to the O'Connor Sports Center within 15 minutes of the courts closing.
- Click on the Outdoor Court Policies link for more information.