Policies and Procedures
- Members and students must present their valid membership cards for swiping to front desk employee every time they enter the facility.
- The OSC is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- You must be 18 years of age to purchase a membership.
- Persons under age 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Proper conduct must be observed at all times to avoid possible suspension of OSC privileges.
- As a University recreational facility, the OSC is staffed by students. Therefore, we adhere to the University calendar. Please check listed facility/break hours and closings, posted pool and gym schedules, as well as the update board in the lobby.
- We rent our gymnasium to outside groups. However, we strive to keep courts available unless it is a University event, Intramural event or athletic camp.
- For a facility tour or more information, contact 745-3208.
- Proper swim attire must be worn in the pool.
- Children 12 years of age or younger must be supervised by an adult/guardian.
- All patrons must take a soap shower prior to entering the pool.
- Non-toilet trained children are not permitted in the pool.
- Running, pushing, shoving or horseplay is not permitted.
- Starting blocks are covered and should not be used by anyone other than Swim Team or other approved groups with a coach on deck.
- Patrons suspected of being under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol will not be permitted to enter the pool area.
- Hanging on to lifelines or lane markers is not permitted.
- All individuals 12 years and younger must prove that they can swim 25 yards before being permitted in the deep end.
- Kickboards, noodles and fins are allowed in the pool but must be put away when finished. No horseplay.
- Rentals and XU Swim Team events will supersede open swim. During rentals other than Swim Team, we strive to keep 2-3 lanes available. Please check posted pool schedule and updated board in lobby.
Fitness Areas/Racquetball Courts
- Patrons under the age of 16 are not allowed upstairs or in the Hammer Strength Room.
- There is a 30-minute time limit per cardio equipment during peak hours.
- Racquetball reservations can be made at the front desk or by calling 745-3208.
- Please do not use picture phones while in the facility.
- Please stack weights when finished and clean all skin contact portions of the machines with disinfectant solution provided after each use.
- No inappropriate dress, music or TV stations allowed. No black-soled shoes, sandals or jeans allowed.
- Damage to equipment will result in the appropriate replacement fee. Please use equipment with care.
- One free parking permit is given for one year, six month and faculty/staff family memberships.
- Parking permit hang tags will be mailed to your home or address. Temporary passes are provided at the front desk until the permanent pass arrives in the mail.
- Students are not eligible for parking permits. XU family members may use the south lot, street parking or purchase a student parking pass for student lots by contacting Campus Police at 745-1000.
- Hang tags must be hung from rearview mirror and temporary passes must be placed on the dashboard.
- Rentals will receive 5 free temporary passes with each rental. If more are needed, they may be purchased for $1.00.
- Fitness Class Participants may purchase a semester parking pass for use during fitness classes only for $5.00