Supplier Diversity Vision Statement
Vision, Goals and Mission
By maximizing opportunities to identify, educate, develop, and utilize diverse suppliers, Xavier University will advance both economic inclusion and demonstrate good fiscal stewardship.
Supplier Diversity Mission Statement
The mission of Xavier's Supplier Diversity Program is to implement programs and procedures that maximize the inclusion of women- and minority-owned businesses as direct and indirect suppliers of goods and services to the University.
In order to do so, the University will pursue the following objectives:
- Form strong relationships with women and minority business development organizations such as the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) and the Women?s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) and their local affiliates
- Develop relationships with local, regional, and national Women and Minority-owned business associations and networks.
- Facilitate campus-wide education on the philosophy, policies, and methodologies of the supplier diversity and overall purchasing program.
- Implement a Supplier Diversity Council to establish, advance, and monitor progress towards supplier diversity goals
- Increase direct and tier 2 expenditures with women and minority-owned businesses as a percentage of overall spending until supplier diversity goals are met
- Support the development and enhance the capabilities of women and minority business owners to compete effectively for Xavier business