1. What are minority-owned businesses (MBEs) and women-owned businesses (WBEs)?
- MBE businesses are defined as any for-profit businesses, regardless of size, that are located in the United States or its trust territories and are certified as being at least 51% owned, operated and controlled by a minority who is a U.S. citizen.
- WBE businesses are defined as any for-profit businesses regardless of size that are located in the United States or its trust territories and are certified as being at least 51% owned, operated and controlled by a woman who is a U.S. citizen.
2. How do I become certified?
To become certified please contact the following organizations or their affiliates nearest to you.
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
National Minority Supplier Development Council
1359 Broadway, Tenth Floor
New York, NY 10018
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
Women's Business Enterprise National Council
1120 Connecticut Avenue, N.W. Suite 1000
Washington, DC 20036
- State of Ohio Edge Program
Ohio Department of Administrative Services
4200 Surface Road
Columbus, OH 43228
3. Who should I contact if I want to do business with the University?
All suppliers must be registered with the University. Click here to register.
For more information about Xavier's Supplier Diversity Program, please contact:
Mr. John Mercer
Director of Purchasing