Supplier Diversity FAQs
1. What are minority-owned businesses (MBEs) and women-owned businesses (WBEs)?
- MBE businesses are defined as any for-profit businesses, regardless of size, that are located in the United States or its trust territories and are certified as being at least 51% owned, operated and controlled by a minority who is a U.S. citizen.
- WBE businesses are defined as any for-profit businesses regardless of size that are located in the United States or its trust territories and are certified as being at least 51% owned, operated and controlled by a woman who is a U.S. citizen.
2. How do I become certified?
To become certified please contact the following organizations or their affiliates nearest to you.
National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
National Minority Supplier Development Council
1359 Broadway, Tenth Floor
New York, NY 10018
Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
Women's Business Enterprise National Council
1120 Connecticut Avenue, N.W. Suite 1000
Washington, DC 20036
State of Ohio Edge Program
Ohio Department of Administrative Services
4200 Surface Road
Columbus, OH 43228
3. Who should I contact if I want to do business with the University?
All suppliers must be registered with the University. Click here to register.
For more information about Xavier's Supplier Diversity Program, please contact:
Ms. Cheryl Nuñez
Assistant to the President for Diversity and Equity