Thank you for inquiring about the CHOICES program at the Xavier Psychological Services Center. The following date(s) are currently available:
- Monday, December 12, 2016, 3:00 - 4:30pm
As the groups are limited in size, you must reserve a spot in the group you would like to attend. Please reserve your spot by email as soon as possible to request the group you would like to attend. Please note that if your request is made after Friday at 12noon, you will receive a confirmation on Monday, due to the office being closed on weekends.
To register, contact us at email@example.com and include the following information:
Referral Source: Residence Life, Dean of Students, Voluntary, etc.
Following is some information about the program. It is important that you read it carefully.
WHAT IS CHOICES?
CHOICES is a 105 minute group-based education program that is designed to provide information about alcohol and to help individuals understand their own alcohol use better so that they can make informed decisions about any future alcohol use.
Xavier University Psychological Services Center
Sycamore House (3818 Winding Way, between Schmidt Fieldhouse and Elet)
$25.00 registration fee (requiredat the time of registration). Paid to Residence Life.
WHAT TO BRING
- B.A.R.T. Survey Results: Before your CHOICES meeting, if you have not already done so this year, please complete the B.A.R.T. survey at:
http://www.xavier.edu/health-wellness/counseling/Audit.cfm After completing the B.A.R.T. survey, PRINT the page that includes your CONFIRMATION number and bring that number with you. Your confirmation number will be used for tracking purposes only. While some participants have found it helpful to discuss the meaning of their results during the CHOICES group, you will NOT be required to share the results of the assessment.
- XU ALL Card
- Completed forms electronically via email received from Psychological Services Center.
HOW TO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE CHOICES
All specific information disclosed during the CHOICES group remains confidential and will not be shared with Residence Life or any other XU personnel. The only information shared is that you have successfully completed the program. Successful completion includes the following elements:
- Arrived on time, with B.A.R.T. Confirmation #, and XU AllCard.
- Stayed for entire duration of the meeting.
- Respectfully participated. While the amount of information you disclose will be left up to you, all members must be respectful of the group process and purpose.Individuals who are uncooperative and/or act in a way that undermines or reduces the quality of the group will be asked to leave. This will be classified as a failure to comply and will have the same monetary and discipline consequences as failure to attend.