Xavier Leadership Center Certificate Programs Qualify for Economic Stimulus Funds
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, signed by President Obama, provides a total of $138 million for Ohio to assist an estimated 20,000 adults, youth and dislocated workers with job training, job search assistance and other employment services. Of the funds being distributed, $19.9 million will support services for adults and $35.1 million for dislocated workers.
The Xavier Leadership Center (XLC) offers several certificate programs that respond to the current economic crisis and qualify for Ohio economic stimulus funding. For qualified participants, 100% of the registration fee is covered by economic stimulus funds, with participant materials and examination fees often included.
For adult Ohio residents, this means flexible training accounts for employed workers at imminent risk of losing their jobs or for displaced workers who require training or certification to find new jobs. The XLC programs culminate in the required industry-recognized certifications or credentials in demand-driven occupations and can be completed within the requisite two-year time period.
Qualified XLC programs include:
· Project Management Certificate Program and PMP Exam Review
· Six Sigma Yellow, Green and Black Belt Certificates
· Senior HR Certificate Program
· Global Supply Chain and Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) Exam Prep
· Business Essentials Manager Certificate Program
· Certified Financial Planner
· Adobe Certifications:
o Adobe Certified Associate (ACA)
o Adobe Certified Expert (ACE)
Many of these programs are available as open enrollment programs at Xavier or can be offered for groups of ten or more employees at employer locations. The Xavier Leadership Center has already successfully offered
several of these programs using economic stimulus funds for employed workers at risk of layoff and displaced workers at DHL/ABX Air in Wilmington, OH .
To start the process as an individual interested in an open enrollment program at Xavier:
- Identify the specific program area of interest by visiting www.xavier.edu/xlc
- Contact Sue Bensman, Director of Programs, email@example.com, phone: (513) 745-3396 or toll free: 1-800-982-2673, to pre-register.
- Sue will help you with the application process with the State of Ohio for submission and qualification.
To begin the process for you and your employer for ten or more employees at your location:
- Identify the specific program areas of interest for your company by visiting www.xavier.edu/xlc
- Contact Bruce Miller, Managing Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: (513) 745-3230, for detailed program information.
- Bruce will help facilitate the application process for you and your employer with the State of Ohio for submission and qualification.
The Xavier Leadership Center is speaking with other states about making these programs more widely available.
 Stimulus Funds Available for Workforce Programs, Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, April 17, 2009.