Admission to the Program
Admission to the Philosophy, Politics & the Public Honors Program is competitive. To qualify for participation, students must be interested in defining "the public," which can have many different meanings including the people, a forum for ideas, a physical space or even shared states of consciousness.
- Students should rank in the top 15 percent of their high school class and present composite scores of at least 1300 (SAT) or 29 (ACT).
- In addition to the guidelines for academic scholarship, prospective PPP students need to complete an application form, which includes a brief essay.
- An interview may also be requested at the discretion of the program director.
- The application is available online.
- The priority deadline is March 15.
PPP students are eligible for all scholarship awards available from Xavier University. In addition, the University Scholars program is able to offer some supplementary scholarship assistance to qualified students.
"To improve the public, you must go through politics, while always remaining philosophical. You can want the best for the world, but change comes through politics and remaining knowledgeable in all aspects."
- Jonathan Keillor, '13