Bomb Threat Checklist
See also: Step-by-step checklist
- In the event of a bomb threat at Xavier University remain calm.
- Attempt to identify the caller's telephone ID if possible.
- Contact the Xavier University Police at 513 745-1000 immediately.
- Xavier Police will evaluate the threat and contact the appropriate on/off campus departments or agencies as needed.
- Xavier Police will facilitate the search of the area and determine if the area/building will be evacuated.
- If an evacuation is warranted, campus police will move building occupants to a safe location (normally outside and approximately 500 feet from the building).
Xavier Police in conjunction with local police/fire/ems will issue an all clear and advise the occupants when they can return to the building.