Gallagher Student Center: The Campus Living Room
What does the Office of the Dean of Students, Subway, Xavier Players, the bookstore and the University Welcome Desk have in common? They all are located in Gallagher Student Center.
Open since 2002, the student center is often referred to simply as GSC or Gallagher. Its accessible location, amenities and relaxing environment make Gallagher one of the most popular destinations on campus – a place many students visit every day. The mission of the center is to provide a comfortable place where students can gather in a setting that reminds them of the "living room" in their own home.
From students rushing into the 24-hour computer lab to print something off before class, to an afternoon perk at the Coffee Emporium or grabbing a burger before a basketball game in Ryan’s Eatery and Pub, to attending one of the several Xavier Players shows, to pulling all-nighters studying, the students themselves shape Gallagher’s mood and ambience.
The student center also is the place where general telephone calls to the University are directed. Student workers answer the calls at the first-floor Welcome Desk. Students also may check out laptops, rent board games and find out about on-campus and local events at the Welcome Desk.
Following are a few additional highlights about Gallagher:
- 75,000 square-foot facility with offices, meeting rooms and a full theater with more than 300 seats
- Open 24 hours a day during the academic year
- Eateries include Subway, Blue Gibbon, Fresh Fusions salad shop, Coffee Emporium and Ryan's Eatery and Pub
- Plasma screen televisions tuned to movies, news or sports
- Fireplace lounge where students may study or relax
- Arcade games, foosball and pool tables
- US Bank branch with ATM
- University Bookstore
- 24-hour computer lab
- Several semi-private spaces students may reserve for meetings
Director, Gallagher Student Center