Questions and Answers about e-Bill
In August, Xavier is initiating eBill – an electronic presentation of University invoices. The following questions and answers are specific to the time period after July, 7, 2010.
What are eBills?
eBills are online invoices that display the same information as traditional paper billing statements.
What are the benefits of eBills?
eBills provide convenient access from any computer with an Internet connection. Information is secure and confidential – the eBill can only be viewed by the student or authorized individuals. There are no mailing and postal delays.
When and how do I receive my eBill?
Beginning with the August 2010 monthly invoice, the student will receive a message at their Xavier University e-mail address alerting them that their eBill is available to view and pay. Click on the link provided in the e-mail, then log in to the eBill. View Xavier’s billing schedule online insert link: at http://www.xavier.edu/bursar/billing.cfm so you know when eBills will be available.
Can I print a copy of my eBill?
Yes, eBills can be printed as you would any document maintained on your computer.
What do I do to get started?
If the student wants a parent(s), a guardian, or some other person(s) to have access to their eBills, the student will be able to assign those individuals a login ID. The authorized user(s) will receive e-mail notifications when the student’s eBill is available.
Registered students will already be set up to receive their eBill, so nothing has to be done if the student is the only one who needs access to their eBill. Students will, however, need to check their Xavier University e-mail account.
How do I access my eBill?
Students, faculty and staff can access their eBill through the MyXU portal.
Authorized users (e.g. parents, guardians, etc.), when notified by e-mail that an eBill is ready, can click on the link that is provided in the e-mail and log on using the login ID and password that was provided.
Access to the Internet
Students who have no other access to the Internet, can do so via the on-campus computer labs. Parents/guardians/other authorized users can access the Internet from home, work or anywhere a computer is available. Recipients of an eBill may also print a copy of their bill and send it to their parent/guardian/other via U.S. Postal Service mail, if necessary.
Can I authorize people other than myself to receive a copy of my eBill?
Yes, students may authorize others to receive an e-mail notification when their eBill is ready. Students can do this by assigning their parent(s), guardians, others a login ID that will enable them to view the student’s eBill.
Will I be able to view previous eBills?
Yes. Beginning with the August 2010 eBill, all eBills from that point forward will be available for viewing. If an invoice from a month prior to August 2010 is needed, please contact the Bursar’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 513-745-3435.
How can I pay my eBill?
• Pay online with an eCheck – an electronic payment using your checking account information. It is a fast and secure method for paying your eBill. There is no additional charge to pay by eCheck.
• Pay online with MasterCard, Discover or American Express. It is a fast and secure method for you to pay your eBill. There is a 2.75 percent convenience fee charged on the amount billed to your credit card.
• Pay by mail with a check or money order. Simply print out your bill, cut off the remittance stub and mail it to Xavier University Payment Center, P.O. Box 641317 Cincinnati, Ohio 45264-1317.
• Pay in person by stopping by the Bursar’s Office, 135 Alter Hall.
• Overnight your payment to Office of the Bursar, 3800 Victory Parkway, Cincinnati, Ohio 45207-1092. Be sure to put your student ID number on your check or money order and include the remittance stub from the invoice.