How to Apply for a PLUS Loan
As you may be aware, Xavier will be processing all federal student loans in the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program. We will no longer be participating in the FFELP Loan program, in which students and parents borrowed federal Stafford and PLUS loans through a bank or lender. That program will no longer be an option for schools.
All parents who want to borrow a Federal Direct PLUS loan for the summer 2010, fall 2010 and/or spring 2011 terms will need to complete a new Master Promissory Note (MPN) online at www.studentloans.gov.
To complete a new PLUS MPN parents will need to do the following:
1. Go to www.studentloans.gov;
2. Select the sign-in button
3. Enter your personal information and select sign-in
4. Select the Complete Master Promissory Note link
5. Select the PLUS loan link
6. Provide the requested information to complete the MPN
7. In addition, parents need to complete Xavier’s Direct PLUS loan application, which is available online and submit it to our office.
If you have questions, contact the Office of Financial Aid by phone at (513) 745-3142 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, you may find it helpful to view our “Answers to Frequently Asked Questions”