How to Apply for a PLUS Loan
As you may be aware, Xavier is processing all federal student loans in the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program. The University is no longer participating in the FFELP Loan program, in which students and parents borrowed federal Stafford and PLUS loans through a bank or lender. That program is no longer an option for schools.
All parents and students who want to borrow a Federal Direct loan for the summer 2010, fall 2010 and/or spring 2011 terms must fill out a new Master Promissory Note (MPN).
In addition to completing a new promissory note, parent borrowers must complete Xavier’s Direct PLUS loan application which is available online and submit it to our office.
The instructions for completing promissory notes are as follows:
1. Go to www.studentloans.gov;
2. Select the sign-in button
3. Enter your (parent/student) personal information & select sign-in
4. Select the Complete Master Promissory Note link
5. Select the PLUS or Stafford loan link
6. Provide the requested information to complete the MPN
For more information, view answers to frequently asked questions or contact the Office of Financial Aid at (513) 745-3142.