To be considered for admission in the Coaching Education and Athlete Development cohort, interested students must complete the following steps:
1. Complete Xavier University's free online application for admission. Select "Sport Studies" as the program.
2. Send one official transcript directly from all colleges or universities that you have attended for any undergraduate and graduate course work.
3. Submit official test scores from the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). The MAT is offered at Xavier and at many universities across the country. Please call 513-745-3531 for more information.
4. Submit a current résumé of work and volunteer experiences.
5. Submit a one-page, typed statement of your coaching experience and career goals, and how the Xavier Coaching Education and Athlete Development program fits with your goals.
6. Submit two letters from professional and/or academic references who are able to assess your potential for success in this program.
Applications are processed immediately upon receiving all required materials. Applicants are notified of the admission decision as soon as possible. The admission committee considers all information contained in the admission application, including prior grades, test scores, and evidence for potential for success in graduate study.
Note: This program is online. Xavier University is not yet authorized to provide online education in all 50 states. View the complete list of approved states.
When I read the description of the program and the direction in which it is taking, I was elated! I have been looking at other coaching education programs and none of them are focusing on character education. I believe this is one aspect of coaching that is neglected at every level. I have been holding off pursuing my master's degree because I have not found one that seems to fit my interest -- until now. I am extremely interested in pursuing this degree through Xavier.Darcy March, Cohort 1 - Class of 2016