Information for Current Nursing Students
Advising and Registration Instructions (updated prior to each advising/registration period)
NOTE: Updates to handbooks will be posted on this site and students notified of updates as they occur.
- UNDERGRADUATE NURSING HANDBOOK 2015-2016
- GRADUATE NURSING HANDBOOK 2015-2016
- UNDERGRADUATE NURSING HANDBOOK 2016-2017 Coming Summer 2016
- GRADUATE NURSING HANDBOOK 2016-2017 Coming Summer 2016
- FNP PROGRESSION POLICY (approved 12/11/2015)
- DNP HANDBOOK
- Assumption of Risk and Release for Professional Field Experiences
- HIPAA Confidentiality Agreement From Handbook
- Previous handbooks are located here on the Student Handbook Archives page.
- Academic Calendar 2015-2016
- Academic Calendar 2016-2017
Year One Clinical Course Students (BSN Sophomores, Year 1 MIDAS Students & FNP Students)
- CastleBranch New User Information
- Sophomore Clinical Packet 16F
- Year 1 MIDAS Clinical Packet 16F (includes background check information)
- FNP Packet 2016
Individual Forms to Use as Needed
- CPR Registration Form 2016
- Background Check Instructions
- Physical Examination Form
- Immunization Record
- TB Forms (2-step, 1-step) (NEW)
- Flu Vaccine Form (DUE OCTOBER 15)
The Student Center for select clinical sites can be accessed via the drop-down menu on the Student Center tab at http://www.tristatenrc.org/
This information will be updated for 2016 as it becomes available.
- BSN Senior Picture Day is Mon., Feb. 22, 2016 11:30-5:30 in the OT Lab. Schedule your time on the sign-up sheet to be posted in the OT Student Lounge (COH 19) on 2/1. Sitting fee of $23.50 is payable on photo day by credit card, check or money order (no cash please) and includes FREE composite (head shots of entire class). Watch your email. A nursing pin will be available to wear for your photo in the OT Lab on picture day.
Order form for packages/additional photos (also available in COH 19 and on picture day).
Information sent in January to graduating nursing students:
- Road to NCLEX
- Pin Order Form 2016 A tradition in nursing education is the nursing pin. Graduating students who order a nursing pin will be handed their pin after their name is announced as they walk across the stage.
The School of Nursing Pinning & Recognition Ceremony: May 13, 2016 at 1:30 pm for all graduating nursing students. See details ⇒
- Commencement: May 14, 2016 at 9:00 am for undergraduate students and 3:00 pm for graduate students
Learn more at the Commencement website
Incoming BSN Freshmen: See Road to Xavier for advising information.
All BSN Continuing Students
All BSN students must meet with their advisor prior to registration.
Advising appointment sign-up sheets and clinical assignments are posted in the COH 128 hallway. Additional advising and registration information is sent to students by email.
Information for 2016 Spring Advising and Registration for BSN Student in Clinical Courses
- Sophomores (16S NURS 230/231) - Information Flyer. Each sophomore must also obtain a pre-assigned schedule in COH 109. The schedules are expected to be available October 12.
- Juniors (16S NURS 360/361 or 372/373) - Information Flyer
- Seniors (16S 473) - Information Flyer
Current Graduate Students: Priority registration for 2016 Spring opens on November 9.
New Graduate Students: Registration for 2016 Spring opens on November 16.
New graduate students who are not in the MIDAS program will receive information by email.
FALL ADVISING for Nursing Students (mid-spring semester)
- Incoming Freshmen do not yet have a nursing advisor. See Road to Xavier for registration instructions
- Current Freshmen are assigned to a specific section of NURS 224/225 for fall semester sophomore year. Instructions will be sent to students by email. 16F pre-reg info
- Current Sophomores are assigned to a specific section of NURS 361 or NURS 373) for fall semester junior year. 16F flyer 16F pre-reg info
- Current Juniors choose a section of NURS 451 and NURS 471 16F pre-reg info
NURS 410 Syllabus Packet and Summer Nursing Extern Info
Scholarship Opportunity (posted 1/2/14)
Nursing job opportunities are forwarded to the Xavier University Career Center.