Information for Current Nursing Students
Advising and Registration Instructions (updated prior to each advising/registration period)
NOTE: Updates to handbooks will be posted on this site and students notified of updates as they occur.
- UNDERGRADUATE NURSING HANDBOOK 2015-2016
- GRADUATE NURSING HANDBOOK 2015-2016
- DNP HANDBOOK
- HIPAA Confidentiality Agreement From Handbook
- Previous handbooks are located here on the Student Handbook Archives page.
- Academic Calendar 2015-2016
- NURS 410 Syllabus Packet
Year One Clinical Course Students (BSN Sophomores, Year 1 MIDAS Students & FNP Students)
- FOR all BSN AND MSN MIDAS students in clinical courses: Uniform Policy
- Sophomore TO DO Packet 15F
- Year 1 MIDAS TO DO Packet 2015 (includes background check information)
- FNP Packet 2015
Forms for Nursing Students Continuing in Clinical Courses
- Annual Health and TB Form (Health status update and tuberculosis test)
- TB Symptom Screen Form (required annually instead of TB skin test ONLY for students who previously submitted negative x-ray results for TB)
Other Individual Forms to Use as Needed
- CPR Registration Form 2015
- Background Check Instructions
- Physical Examination Form
- Immunization Record
- TB Form (NEW)
- Flu Vaccine Form (DUE OCTOBER 15)
The Student Center for select clinical sites can be accessed via the drop-down menu on the Student Center tab at http://www.tristatenrc.org/
This information will be updated for 2016 as it becomes available.
- BSN Senior Picture Day is Mon., Feb. 23, 2015 11:30-5:30 in the OT Lab. Schedule your time on the sign-up sheet to be posted in the OT Student Lounge (COH 19) on 2/2. Sitting fee of $23.50 is payable on photo day by credit card, check or money order (no cash please) and includes FREE composite (head shots of entire class). Watch your email. A nursing pin will be available to wear for your photo in the OT Lab on picture day.
Order form for packages/additional photos (also available in COH 19 and on picture day).
- BSN Road to NCLEX
- MIDAS Road to NCLEX
- The School of Nursing Pinning & Recognition Ceremony is May 13, 2016 at 2:00 pm for all graduating nursing students. See details ⇒
- Pin Order Form 2015 A tradition in nursing education is the nursing pin. Graduating students who order a nursing pin
- will be handed their pin after their name is announced as they walk across the stage.
- UPDATED: Commencement is May 14, 2016 at 9:00 am for undergraduate students and 3:00 pm for graduate students
Learn more at the Commencement website
BSN 2016 Fall Freshmen: See Road to Xavier for advising information.
All BSN Continuing Students
2016 Spring advising starts 10/19/15. All BSN students must meet with their advisor.
Advising appointment sign-up sheets are posted in the COH 128 hallway. Clinical assignment lists will be posted on a table in the same hallway on October 12. Additional advising and registration information was sent by email. Go to the links below for general advising/registration instructions.
NOTE: BSN students will receive information about internships and NURS 410 in the fall semester of Junior year
Math guidelines for nursing majors fall 2015
Information for 2016 Spring Advising and Registration for BSN Student in Clinical Courses
- Sophomores (16S NURS 230/231) - Information Flyer. Each sophomore must also obtain a pre-assigned schedule in COH 109. The schedules are expected to be available October 12.
- Juniors (16S NURS 360/361 or 372/373) - Information Flyer
- Seniors (16S 473) - Information Flyer
Current Graduate Students: Priority registration for 2016 Spring opens on November 9.
New Graduate Students: Registration for 2016 Spring opens on November 16.
New graduate students who are not in the MIDAS program will receive information by email.
Scholarship Opportunity (posted 1/2/14)