Information for Current Nursing Students
Advising and Registration Instructions (updated prior to each advising/registration period)
NOTE: Updates to handbooks will be posted on this site and students notified of updates as they occur.
- UNDERGRADUATE NURSING HANDBOOK 2016-2017
- ACCELERATED BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN NURSING HANDBOOK 2016-2017
- GRADUATE NURSING HANDBOOK 2016-2017
- FNP HANDBOOK 2016-2017
- DNP HANDBOOK 2016-2017
- Assumption of Risk and Release for Professional Field Experiences
- HIPAA Confidentiality Agreement From Handbook
- Previous handbooks are located here on the Student Handbook Archives page.
- Academic Calendar 2015-2016
- Academic Calendar 2016-2017
- Academic Calendar 2017-2018
Year One Clinical Course Students (BSN Sophomores, Year 1 MIDAS Students & FNP Students)
- CastleBranch New User Information
- Sophomore Clinical Packet 17F
- Year 1 MIDAS Clinical Packet 17F
- FNP Packet 2016
Individual Forms to Use as Needed
- CPR Registration Form 2017
- Physical Examination Form
- Immunization Record
- TB Symptom Checklist
- TB Forms (2-step, 1-step) (NEW)
- Flu Vaccine Form (DUE OCTOBER 15)
The Student Center for select clinical sites can be accessed via the drop-down menu on the Student Center tab at http://www.tristatenrc.org/
This information will be updated for 2017 as it becomes available.
- BSN Senior Picture Day is Mon., Feb. 20, 2017 - 9:30 am to 5:00 pm in the OT Lab. Schedule your time on the sign-up sheet to be posted in the OT Student Lounge (COH 19) on 1/30/2017. Sitting fee of $24.00 is payable on photo day by credit card, check or money order (no cash please) and includes FREE composite (head shots of entire class). Watch your email. A nursing pin will be available to wear for your photo in the OT Lab on picture day.
Order form for packages/additional photos (also available in COH 19 and on picture day).
Information sent in January to graduating nursing students:
- Road to NCLEX
- Pin Order Form 2017 A tradition in nursing education is the nursing pin. Graduating students who order a nursing pin will be handed their pin after their name is announced as they walk across the stage.
The School of Nursing Pinning & Recognition Ceremony: May 12, 2017 at 1:30 pm for all graduating nursing students. See details ⇒
- Commencement: May 13, 2017 at 9:00 am for undergraduate students and 3:00 pm for graduate students
Learn more at the Commencement website
Incoming BSN Freshmen: See Road to Xavier for advising information.
All BSN Continuing Students
All BSN students must meet with their advisor prior to registration.
Advising appointment sign-up sheets and clinical assignments are posted in the COH 128 hallway. Additional advising and registration information is sent to students by email.
Summer Registration for all graduate students opens March 27, 2017 at 9:00 am.
Current Graduate Students: Priority registration for 2017 Fall opens on March 27, 2017 at 9:00 am.
New Graduate Students: Registration for 2017 Fall opens on April 3, 2017 at 9:00 am.
New graduate students who are not in the MIDAS program will receive information by email.
FALL ADVISING for Nursing Students (mid-spring semester)
- Incoming Freshmen do not yet have a nursing advisor. See Road to Xavier for registration instructions
- Current Freshmen are assigned to a specific section of NURS 224/225 for fall semester sophomore year. Instructions will be sent to students by email. 17F pre-reg info
- Current Sophomores are assigned to a specific section of NURS 361 or NURS 373) for fall semester junior year. 17F flyer 17F pre-reg info
- Current Juniors choose a section of NURS 451 and NURS 471.
Scholarship Opportunity (2017)
Nursing job opportunities are forwarded to the Xavier University Career Center.