Faculty and Staff news
Find out what your peers are doing
04/11/08PRESENTATIONS AND EXHIBITS
Allen Cole, registrar, served as chair for the annual Conference of Registrars at AJCU Institutions, held March 27-28 in Orlando, Fla. The two days of association meetings, a group dinner, and topic driven discussion sessions concluded his two-year term as the chair of this AJCU group. He will serve two more years on the executive board as an advisor.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Michael Goldweber, associate professor of computer science, was awarded a $5,000 grant from ACM SIGCSE. The grant will fund summer stipends for the creation and analysis of a computer science education survey.
Aaron Baba, associate professor of chemistry, received a sub-grant from Lincoln University through the United States Department of Agriculture. He will conduct research with faculty at Lincoln University on the use of herbs as de-wormers for sheep and goats under natural grazing conditions. The $21,624 grant will fund a summer stipend, supplies and travel.
The following faculty members at Xavier have been promoted and/or granted tenure:
Williams College of Business
• Gerald Braun, management information systems, to associate professor
• Elaine Crable, management information systems, to professor
• David Hyland, finance, to associate professor with tenure
• Chris Manolis, marketing, to professor
• Amit Sen, economics, to associate professor with tenure
College of Arts and Sciences
• Jennifer Beste, theology, to associate professor with tenure
• Edmund Cueva, classics, to professor
• Edward Hahnenberg, theology, to associate professor with tenure
• Steven Herbert, physics, to professor
• Thomas Merrill, music, to associate professor with tenure
• Heidrun Schmitzer, physics, to associate professor with tenure
College of Social Sciences, Health, and Education
• Cindy Dulaney, psychology, to professor
• Y. Gail Hurst, criminal justice, to associate professor with tenure
• Thomas Kessinger, secondary and special education, to associate professor with tenure
• Morrell Mullins, psychology, to associate professor with tenure
Mark Meyers, dean of the College of Social Sciences, Health, and Education, started a blog on January 30. He discusses his feelings about Xavier events, policies such as No Child Left Behind, and arts in education. Check it out at http://www.xavier.edu/css/blog/index.cfm.