University institutes changes at Cintas Center for basketball season
Healthier food, more choices, half-time entertainment just a few things implemented
09/23/05Dear Season Ticket Holder,
We received hundreds of replies to our men’s basketball survey and thank each of you for taking the time to give us your thoughts and ideas.
After compiling and analyzing the data, we have held several meetings to establish specific action items that we can and will implement by the beginning of the season. There are others that will take more time and planning, but many of the ideas were very valuable and all were taken very seriously. We are dedicated to constantly improving your game experience.
Following are some specific items that are being implemented. Not all of these items affect each fan, but I’m sure that all fans will have a better game experience by their implementation.
- We are offering a “healthy options” kiosk on the east concourse that includes turkey subs, fruit/veggie plates with dip, O’Douls and diet, caffeine-free soda.
- Volunteers (particularly those collecting money) are receiving extra training and practice prior to each game.
- We are creating “beverage only” lines in each concession.
- We are offering lemonade in addition to soft drinks and beer at concessions.
- Pretzel warmers are being controlled by timers so that pretzels will be properly hot when they are sold.
- Each game includes one or more specially priced “combos” and one special discount item.
- We are adding new special menu items, including hamburgers and french fries, cooked when ordered, along with new dessert items.
- The balcony is staying open during game action.
- Access to the Joseph Club is by scanned ticket, no additional pass is needed.
- We are installing a new register system for instant credit card approval and faster service.
- We are implementing a different game day special each game.
- We are presenting more Nike apparel than ever before.
- We are maximizing our use of small round tables in Duffs and creating more seating.
- The new Duffs menu includes Philly cheese steak sandwiches, pizza, “Cincinnati” barbeque sandwiches and wraps.
- We are increasing overall lighting in Duffs.
- Large-screen TV is showing current game of most interest to fans.
- Access to Duffs is by scanned ticket; no additional pass is needed.
- We are offering a larger variety of beers, including premium beers and imports.
- We plan to show first half highlights during halftime. Additional highlights are being shown on a play by play basis.
- We are continuing to send cheerleaders to the upper bowl to ensure participation by fans in ball tosses and other giveaways.
- Our goal is to feature more live-band music.
- Scoreboard stats are improved and more readable.
- We plan to broadcast the post-game radio interview on our internal television and scoreboard system in the arena, the Joseph Club and on the concourses.
- The arena sound system is being adjusted section by section as we receive feedback.
- Half-time entertainment and giveaways are being listed on the athletics web site, goxavier.com.
We hope you approve of these changes. We will keep working on your behalf to improve your game experience as we go through the season. Thank you for your generous support.
Director of Athletics