Kiplinger’s Personal Finance has once again listed Xavier University as one of the “Top 50 Best Values” in private universities across the country. The list is part of Kiplinger’s “100 Best Values in Private Colleges.” The list is divided into private universities and liberal arts colleges.
Xavier was ranked number 41 in the private college category. The feature ranks private colleges and universities that despite tough economical times and shrinking endowments “deliver an affordable, high-quality education.” Xavier was ranked number 42 in 2008.
Other schools on the list include: Yale, Harvard, Notre Dame, Boston College and Dartmouth.
Xavier and the other institutions were chosen, according to the high-profile money magazine, because they reflect the best private colleges and universities with strong academics, attractive prices and generous financial aid. The entire list is featured in the February 2009 edition of Kiplinger’s or at http://www.kiplinger.com/money/collegevalues/
The Kiplinger rankings measured academic quality and affordability, with quality accounting for two-thirds of the total. The magazine also considered admission rates, SAT scores, student/faculty ratios, graduation rates, total cost, cost after need based and non-need based aid, and average debt at graduation.
The Kiplinger nod is just one of several received by the University this academic year.
- Xavier ranks number 2 among the top 10 Midwest colleges and universities, according to the U.S. News & World Report. This is the third year in a row Xavier has been ranked number two.
- Xavier also ranked high in the U.S. News & World Report analysis of “Great Schools, Great Prices,” which looks at a school’s value based on academic quality and the cost to attend.” Xavier was ranked 15th in the Midwest in that category.
- The Princeton Review features Xavier in the 2009 edition of “The Best 368 Colleges”
- The Princeton Review and Entrepreneur magazine ranks Xavier as one of the top 25 entrepreneurial schools in the country.
- Xavier’s Williams College of Business (WCB) is featured as an outstanding business school by The Princeton Review. This is the fifth year in a row Xavier has been featured.
- WCB’s part-time MBA program is 16th in nation according to U.S. News & World Report.
- Xavier tied for first in Modern Healthcare’s “Top Business Graduate Schools for Physicians.”