Xavier is holding a Careers in Aging Panel for those wanting to work with the elderly
The event is today, Monday, Feb. 11, in the Gallagher Student Center Theatre
Job-seekers who are uncertain what career path to choose but enjoy serving others are invited to attend a free Careers in Aging Panel presentation today, Monday, Feb. 11, from 4:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m. in the Gallagher Student Center Theatre. To make a reservation, please visit Xavier’s Career Services Center website.
Students at all levels of education, including high school, community college, and university levels are encouraged to attend. Others who may be considering a career change are also welcome.
Xavier’s College of Social Sciences, Health, and Education is hosting the presentation with professionals from varied careers that engage older adults, including:
• Jennifer Wessel, community representative with Life Enriching Communities, who will speak about longterm care administration and marketing.
• Dr. Susan Shrimpf-Davis, adjunct assistant professor of Clinical Family Medicine in the Department of Family and Community Medicine, Division of Geriatric Medicine, University of Cincinnati.
• Julia Meister, partner Taft Stettinius & Hollister in the Litigation, Health and Life Sciences, and Private Client practice groups.
• Jerome Gabis, psychologist with Legacy Psychological Services.
• Tracey Collins, executive director of Cincinnati Area Senior Services, who will speak about her career as a social worker.
• Deborah Tyler, director of Rehabilitation at Cedar Village, who is speaking about occupational therapy.
• Mary Duennes, RN, BSN,MA, parish nurse with Good Samaritan Hospital.
• Cathy Beumer, RNC, CNS, palliative care nurse with the Jewish Hospital.