Xavier Staff Move to Conaton Learning Commons in New Hoff Academic Quad
The excitement continues to grow on the Xavier University campus as more faculty and staff move into the new James E. Hoff, S.J. Academic Quad.
On Tuesday, July 20 at approximately 10:00 a.m. the first move will be made to the new Michael J. Conaton Learning Commons (CLC) located on the southwest corner of Dana and Ledgewood Avenues. Other moves will be made during the rest of the week. The moves include Discovery Services and the math and writing academic labs. A total of 24 faculty and staff will be moved during the week.
The CLC includes forward-looking flexibility and cutting-edge technology combined with appropriate spaces for both collaborative and individual learning which makes this facility unique in American higher education. It also a highly social center for learning outside the classroom.
Facts about the new building:
- Features 84,000 square feet, five floors, a cafe and 24/7 environment.
- Creates new focal point for connecting teaching, learning and Xavier’s Jesuit mission of service to others.
- Resources include digital media lab, classrooms, auditorium and centralized location for reference and technology assistance.
- Equips students with all the latest academic and technological tools in a wireless setting.
- Offers ample space for individual study and group work with access to plasma screens, movable white boards and more.
- Houses centers for academic advising and career services and labs for math, writing and modern languages.
For more information about the Hoff Quad please visit www.xavier.edu/hoffquad.