Kiplinger’s Personal Finance has listed Xavier University as one of the nation’s 100 Best Values among private colleges and universities.
The rankings “reflect the best private colleges and universities with strong academics, attractive prices and generous financial aid.” Other schools on the list include Yale, Harvard, Notre Dame, Boston College and Dartmouth. Xavier is ranked number 77 overall. Xavier was one of only five private Ohio colleges ranked in the Top 100.
Kiplinger’s based its rankings on a combination of academics and affordability, with quality accounting for two-thirds of the total. They started with data on more than 600 private institutions provided by Peterson’s, then added their own reporting.
Institutions were sorted into liberal arts colleges, which focus on undergraduate education, and universities, which include graduate students. The costs reflect the amount each institution charges and the average amount of financial aid each institution offers for one academic year only. Rankings were based on measurable criteria, such as student-faculty ratios, admission rates, on-time graduation rate, sticker price and financial aid. To break ties, they used academic-quality scores and average debt at graduation.
The entire list, which is published in the December 2010 edition of the magazine, can be found at http://www.kiplinger.com/magazine/archives/best-values-in-private-colleges-2010-2011.html#ixzz15eYBjMxi
The Kiplinger nod is just one of several received by Xavier University this academic year.
- Xavier ranks number 3 among Midwest colleges and universities, according to the U.S. News & World Report.
- Xavier University was ranked 121 Forbes 2011 listing of “America’s Best Colleges.”
- The Princeton Review features Xavier in the 2010 edition of “The Best 373 Colleges”
- The Princeton Review and Entrepreneur magazine ranks Xavier 11th for the best undergraduate entrepreneurial programs in the country.
- Xavier’s Williams College of Business (WCB) is featured as an outstanding business school by The Princeton Review.
- WCB’s part-time MBA program is 14th in nation according to U.S. News & World Report.
- Modern Healthcare ranks Xavier as first for “Top Business Graduate Schools for Physician-Executives.”