Though the Williams College of Business at Xavier University does not offer a doctorate in business, many of its alums have continued on to receive their doctorate in business.
If you or someone you know has asked this question, come to an information session on Tuesday, 8/2/11 from 5-6:30pm in Smith Hall, room 247. The session is designed to be helpful to both undergraduate and graduate students who may be thinking someday about pursuing a PhD in an area of business.
(For directions to Smith Hall visit, www.xavier.edu/directions)
Led by Dr. Sandra Richtermeyer, who regularly assists alums, former undergraduate and graduate students with their application process and inquiry into about PhD programs in business, the information session presents an opportunity to bring a current group of individuals together who are thinking about a PhD program and they can network with each other, ask questions and learn more about the following topics:
1. How to prepare yourself academically to be a strong candidate for PhD programs
2. How to prepare yourself professionally
3. What to look for in a PhD program in business
4. What to expect during a typical full-time PhD program
5. How to investigate quality of doctoral granting institutions
6. How to learn more about expectations for teaching, research and service to your profession
7. How to help your family prepare/understand how to support you for this program (a few spouses/significant others will also be in attendance)
8. Any other topics that will be helpful as they relate to obtaining a PhD in business
Please RSVP to Sandra Richtermeyer at Richtermeyer@xavier.edu by 5pm, 8/1/11