Doug Ruschman, Xavier’s director for web services, is serving as chair for the National Conference for Higher Education Web Professionals conference. It will be held in Cincinnati at the Hilton Netherland Plaza from October 10-13. He is being assisted by Xavier web producer Kevin Bischof, web designer Kat Hollowell, and web developers Sherman Cahal and Rob Liesland. Hollowell will also present a session on “Effective Brainstorming,” while Lavelle and Liesland will present on “Sharing Local Data to Improve University Decision-Making.”
Kam C. Wong, associate professor of Criminal Justice at Xavier, published the following articles:
“Idea of Terrorism in China,” in Pakistan Journal of Criminology.
• “Reconstruction of the Concept of Black Law,” parts I, II, and III in Journal of Zhejiang Police College
• “A Chinese Theory of Policing,” in STRANI PRAVNI ŽIVOT
• “Police Powers and Control in Hong Kong,” in International Journal of Comparative and Applied Criminal Justice
Wong also authored these book chapters:
• “Policing Use of Firearms in China: An Overview of Regulatory Framework” and “Policing Use of Firearms in Hong Kong” in Kuhns, Joseph B. & Knutsson, Johannes Police Use of Force: A Global Perspective.
• “The Studying of Policing in China.” In pp. 111 – 151, Cliff Roberson and Dilip K. Das (Editors), Police Without Borders: The Fading Distinction between Local and Global (Taylor and Francis, 2010)
Wong is involved with the following conferences:
• Program Committee, First International Conference of SASCV at Jaipur, Rajasthan, India, November 1-3, 2010.
• Co-chair of program committee, IPES - Kochi City Police Conference, November 2-6, 2010, Kerala, India