Xavier University’s Student Activities Council announces that Owl City and Neon Trees will appear at Cintas Center on April 14 at 7:30 p.m. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m.
Tickets will be available Jan. 28 to the general public for $35 through Ticketmaster.com and the Xavier University Cintas Center Box Office. Details are at www.xavier.edu/sac.
Owl City and Neon Trees will co-headline the show. Both are touring as the opening acts for Maroon 5’s 2013 North American tour, “Overexposed.”
Owl City, musician Adam Young, released his new full-length studio album, The Midsummer Station, August 21st on Universal Republic. “I’m known for creating music based on whimsical ideas and concepts from my own headspace, and another set of parameters I set for myself was to write about things people might relate to better,” he says. Owl City’s tour comes on the heels of his hit “Good Time” duet with “Call Me Maybe” pop sensation Carly Rae Jepsen. It earned a #18 debut on the Billboard Hot 100. More on Owl City is at www.owlcitymusic.com.
Neon Trees is Tyler Glenn (vocals/keyboards), Chris Allen (guitar), Branden Campbell (bass), and Elaine Bradley (drums/backing vocals). Neon Trees’ most recent album, “Picture Show,” spun the top 10 single “Everybody Talks” and the group was featured on Dick Clark’s Rockin’ New Year’s Eve 2013. “Animal,” from its debut was a double-platinum single and named the Top Alternative Song of 2011 by Billboard. It even showed up on a Glee episode. Neon Trees has SoCal roots, but came together eight years and relocated to Provo, Utah.
Please note, the following house rules apply to all events held in the Cintas Center:
• Inside the facility, guests agree to abide by the lawful directions given to them by authorized Cintas Center representatives.
• No smoking is permitted inside the facility.
• Guests may bring neither food nor beverage into the facility.
• No firearms or weapons of any kind are permitted inside the facility.
• Guests may not bring laser pens, air horns or any other type of amplification or pyrotechnic device into the facility.
• No illegal drugs or other contraband are permitted in the facility.
• All bags are subject to search.
• Audio/visual taping and photography are not allowed in Cintas Center.