Financial Opportunity Day
Financial Opportunity Day will be held at Xavier University on Saturday, April 2 from 9am – 3pm in Conaton Learning Commons at the corner of Dana and Ledgewood Avenues. Plenty of free parking is available in the Cintas Center lot. It seeks to promote the financial stability of individuals and families in our region. Anyone interested in learning ways to enhance or maintain financial stability is welcome. The event is free and includes informative workshops, one-on- one-meetings with finance & housing experts, free tax preparation services. Sponsors are Xavier University, Cintas Corporation, and PNC Bank.
A number of mini "Ask the Expert" Sessions will be offered. Pre-register for 20-minute sessions on topics including housing, credit issues, tax issues, financial planning, or schedule a time to have your taxes done. Visit http://www.uwgc.org to register. All who pre-register will be entered into a drawing for giveaways.
Other resources and services include:
• Free educational workshops on financial management and products, housing and foreclosure, credit education, small business development, unemployment services.
• On-site tax preparation services, public benefits screening, application for financial products.
• Pull your personal credit report and get quick analysis by professional.
• Bring your financial forms, personal documents for free confidential shredding at the Cintas shredding truck!
• Drawings will occur throughout the day for gas gift cards, grocery gift cards, personal shredders, free will planning, office organizer and flat screen television. Winners must be present and have attended at least one workshop or expert session to be eligible.
Partners: America SAVES, Bank On Greater Cincinnati, Brighton Center, Center for Great Neighborhoods, Consumer Credit Counseling Service, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, Cincinnati Branch, Greater Cincinnati Energy Alliance, Greater Cincinnati Workforce Network, Homeownership Preservation Group, IRS, Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati, Legal Aid of the Bluegrass, Life Span, NKY Protect My Kentucky Home Coalition, Ohio Benefit Bank, Ohio State University Extension, Pro Seniors, Smart Money Community Services, Southwest Ohio Regional Workforce Investment Board, Super Jobs, UC Economic Center, Working In Neighborhoods