Dean of Xavier's Williams College of Business Accepts New Post at Kansas State University
Dean of Xavier University’s Williams College of Business Ali Malekzadeh has announced he will leave Xavier to become Edgerley Family Dean of Business Administration at Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas.
“We thank Ali for his many contributions and efforts to Xavier and the Williams College of Business. Under his guidance the Williams College of Business has grown, gained a national reputation for excellence and strengthened ties with the business community,” says Xavier University President Michael J. Graham, S.J. “Ali is excited about his new opportunity, and we wish him well.”
“As Dean, Ali has provided extraordinary leadership in the Williams College of Business,” says Provost and Academic Vice President Roger Fortin. “Not only are we grateful to him for his leadership, but also for his creativity, innovation, and for helping to significantly enhance the quality of teaching and scholarship in the College.”
“It has been my honor to serve in the administration of President Graham and Dr. Fortin at Xavier University. They supported me and the Williams College of Business in a hundred different ways. My colleagues in the business school gave me the opportunity to serve as their ambassador, and I am truly grateful for their vote of confidence and their friendship. The members of the Board of Executive Advisors, and especially Ken Mailender, the chairman of the board, supported me for eight years to focus our strategy and achieve national ranking for the College, and I am in their debt. It will be very hard for me to leave the Xavier family,” says Malekzadeh.
“Now, I look forward to working with the President and the Provost at Kansas State University, and with my new colleagues in the College of Business and across the University, to help achieve the University’s Vision 2025.”
Malekzadeh will assume his new responsibilities at Kansas State on July 1, 2011.
Since arriving at the Williams College of Business in 2003, Malekzadeh has:
- Built 14 Executive Advisory Boards, with more than 300 members from the worlds of business, nonprofits and government. The boards advise the college and connect it to the community.
- Started an Executive Mentor program, which guarantees a one-on-one relationship with a business executive for each undergraduate student. More than 500 executives have been recruited for the program.
- Created the Xavier Launch-a-Business Competition, a program to nurture entrepreneurship. In its first year, X-LAB generated 166 proposals for new businesses and nonprofits. The second round of competition just started.
- Expanded the college's pioneering four-year career development program that's required for undergraduates. The Business Profession Program complements students’ formal education by providing job-search skills, networking contacts and career advice.
- Launched the Distinguished Speaker Series, which has featured the CEOs of Procter & Gamble, the Cincinnati Reds, Adobe, Cincinnati Bell, and other top businesses.