Xavier University Police Department
Office Safety Check List
- Be sure to turn off or unplug all small appliances such as coffee makers, space heaters, mug warmers, etc.
- Take any valuable and/or personal items home with you. If you cannot take the items home with you, lock them safely out of sight in a closet or filling cabinet.
- Make sure to turn off your office lights.
- Make sure all windows are shut and locked.
- Lock and shut your office door behind you as you leave.
- Report any malfunctioning lock, light, outlet, etc. immediately to Physical Plant for repair or replacement.
- If you will be working in your office over the holiday break, remember the buildings will be locked Friday December 24, 2010 thru Sunday January 02, 2011 and may be alarmed. If you need assistance with accessing a building during this time, please fax a written request (including location, dates, and time) to ext. 3851 by Thursday December 23, 2010.