Music Scholarships and Grants
McAuley Music Scholarship
Two half-tuition scholarships are awarded to outstanding music applicants based on musical proficiency and achievement.
The department offers music grants in varying amounts up to $5,000 to students who intend to major in music.
- Be admitted to the University before scheduling an audition.
- Intend to major in music or music education.
- Display musicianship and proficiency in their primary voice or instrument.
The music scholarship and grants are renewable each year for four years provided the recipient maintains full-time status as a music major, a 3.00 cumulative grade point average in music and a 2.00 GPA overall. Awards are contingent upon admission to Xavier.
- Students interested in auditioning should come prepared with two music selections of contrasting styles and time periods. Students may want to consult with their private instructor or music director before they audition.
- If you require an accompanist, please email the names of your selections to email@example.com no later than a week prior to your audition. Be certain to bring two copies of your music to the audition so that your accompanist can work from one.
- Voice Students: One of the selections should be in a language other than English. Students should be prepared to sight-read.
- Instrumental Students: Students should be prepared to play two-octave major and minor scales.
Parking is fairly available throughout campus. Feel free to park either on University Drive (next to the Edgecliff building), in the Alumni Center lot, or in the Cintas lot. Click here for driving directions to Xavier and hotel information.
Enter Edgecliff Hall (which is the first building bordering Dana Ave and University Drive) and register at the table on the main level. You will then be directed to the appropriate audition room. Should you choose to arrive a few minutes early to warm up, a practice studio will be made available to you.
Audition Application Form
Please fill out the entire form to the best of your ability and if you have any questions, contact Rick Endres at firstname.lastname@example.org.