Performing Arts Grant (PAG)
These highly competitive grants in amounts up to $2,000 per year are annually awarded to excellent student musicians who participate in select instrumental or vocal ensembles, regardless of their major course of study.
- Be admitted to the University before scheduling an audition.
- Display musicianship and proficiency in their primary voice or instrument.
- Intend to enroll in Chamber Orchestra, Concert Choir, Jazz Ensemble or Symphonic Winds.
- Students interested in auditioning should come prepared with two music selections of contrasting styles and time periods. Students may want to consult with their private instructor or music director before they audition.
- Students should be prepared to sight-read.
- If you require an accompanist, please email the names of your selections to email@example.com no later than one week prior to your audition. Be certain to bring two copies of your music to the audition so that your accompanist can work from one.
- All piano auditions are only for positions as accompanists for either vocal or instrumental ensembles. These positions are very limited and are only offered to students with exceptional abilities in sight-reading and accompaniment.
Parking is fairly available throughout campus. Feel free to park either on University Drive (next to the Edgecliff building), in the Alumni Center lot, or in the Cintas lot. Click here for driving directions to Xavier and hotel information.
Enter Edgecliff Hall (which is the first building bordering Dana Ave and University Drive) and register at the table on the main level. You will then be directed to the appropriate audition room. Should you choose to arrive a few minutes early to warm up, a practice studio will be made available to you.
Audition Application Form
Please fill out the entire form to the best of your ability and if you have any questions, contact Rick Endres at firstname.lastname@example.org.