- Prepare MSN graduates for roles as informatics nurse specialist (INS).
- Prepare graduates for ANCCC Informatics Certification eligibility.
- Identify the concepts, science and theories that define nursing informatics.
- Identify leadership, management, and organizational concepts to support the role of the INS within a multdisciplinary milieu for various types of healthcare organizations.
- Apply nursing informatics science to nursing practice problems.
- Identififcation appropriate technology for use in nursing practice.
- Analysis and appraisal of the impact of technology on nursing efficiency and productivity.
- Analysis of the ethical issues pertaining to proposed application of information technology to nursing practice.