Admission: Graduate Nursing for Registered Nurses
Applicants to the program must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be a licensed registered nurse in the United States and licensed in the state where practicum experiences are performed
- Be a graduate of a diploma nursing program or a regionally accredited college or university's associate or bachelor degree nursing program
- Have completed an undergraduate statistics course, minimum grade of 'C'
- Applicants to the Family Nurse Practitioner program should note:
⇒A Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is required for application to the MSN FNP track
⇒A Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) is required for application to the FNP post master's certificate program
See Entry Points for more information about your point of entry to graduate nursing as determined by your previous academic preparation and your length of experience as a registered nurse.
Application Requirements and Materials
CNL post master's certificate admission click here.
RN to MSN, MSN, and FNP post master's certificate admission
- Graduate Application
- Statement of Purpose in the form of a:
Goal statement (applicants with a BSN or MSN) OR
Portfolio (RN's with an associate degree or diploma in nursing and RN's eligible for the mobility option).
- Copy of current unencumbered RN license including expiration date
- One official transcript from each college/university attended
- Three professional references (references for FNP applicants must be from health care professionals prepared at the master's or doctorate level)
- International applicants must submit additional documents for admission as required by the University.Contact the office of graduate services at 513 745-3360 for further information.
- A personal interview may be required.
Although there is no admission test for registered nurses applying to a graduate nursing program, dual degree programs require official scores from an admission test.
- Dual MSN/MEd or the dual MSN/MSCJ: Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT)
- Dual MSN/MBA: Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
NOTE TO FNP APPLICANTS: Required prior to practicum experiences are written proof of a criminal background check and submission of health documents necessary to meet our clinical contract guidelines with health care facilities.
Additional instructions and documents required for application:
For More Information
For more information, contact Marilyn Gomez, the director of nursing student services at email@example.com or at 513 745-4392 or toll-free at 800 344-4698, ext. 4392.