Admission: Graduate Nursing for Registered Nurses
Applicants to the program must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be a licensed registered nurse in the United States and licensed in the state where practicum experiences are performed
- Be a graduate of a diploma nursing program or a regionally accredited college or university's associate or bachelor degree nursing program
- Have completed an undergraduate statistics course, minimum grade of 'C'
- Applicants to the Family Nurse Practitioner program should note:
?A Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is required for application to the MSN FNP track
?A Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) is required for application to the FNP post master's certificate program
See Entry Points for more information about your point of entry to graduate nursing as determined by your previous academic preparation and your length of experience as a registered nurse.
Application Requirements and Materials
CNL post master's certificate admission click here.
RN to MSN, MSN, and FNP post master's certificate admission
- Graduate Application (online)
NOTE: Current MSN students wishing to change to the FNP track do not complete the online application. Instead, submit this paper application to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (513) 745-1087.
- Statement of Purpose (instructions provided at time of application) in the form of a:
Goal statement (applicants with a BSN or MSN) OR
Portfolio (RN's with an associate degree or diploma in nursing and RN's eligible for the mobility option).
- Unencumbered current RN license (School of Nursing will verify)
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Three professional references (form is in online application)
NOTE TO FNP applicants: One references must be from a supervisor. The other two must be from health care professionals prepared at the master's or doctorate level
International applicants must submit additional documents for admission as required by the University.Contact the Office of the Graduate School for further information.
A personal interview may be required.
Although there is no admission test for registered nurses applying to a graduate nursing program, dual degree programs require official scores from an admission test (see next 2 bullets).
?Dual MSN/MEd or MSN/MSCJ: Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT)
?Dual MSN/MBA: Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
NOTE TO FNP APPLICANTS: Required prior to practicum experiences are written proof of a criminal background check and submission of health documents necessary to meet our clinical contract guidelines with health care facilities.
Additional instructions and documents will be provided at time of application.
Reference forms if additional forms are needed:
For More Information
Mrs. Marilyn Gomez
Academic Program Director
3800 Victory Parkway
Cincinnati, OH 45207-7351