College of Social Sciences, Health, & Education: Montessori Lab School
The Admissions Process
- Schedule an Observation. This is an opportunity for you to see the children and teachers, both doing what they do best. Before the the application process can begin, prospective parents are requested to observe at the Lab School before submitting an application.
- Observations are held on Wednesday, 9:30- 10:30 a.m. Teachers are notified in advance. The principal will be on hand to answer questions following the observation.
- Schedule an observation »
- Submit an application. Once your observation has been completed, please fill out and submit an application for admission. There is a non-refundable application fee of $25 due at the time of the application. Applications may be accepted before the child turns 3 years of age.
MLS Early Childhood Admissions Application
MLS Elementary Admissions Application
- Selection and Interviews. Selection and Interviews usually begin in February. Acceptance is based on consideration to the classroom community and children are accepted until all openings are filled. We regret that, due to the limited number of openings after reenrollment, not all applicants will be interviewed. The purpose of the interview is to welcome and observe the child and his/her personal style. An explanation of the school procedures and routines is given and answers are provided to general questions. We will explain the school's philosophy and approach through the Montessori method and demonstrate materials used. We strive to give the parents and teachers an opportunity to discuss the needs of the child and the ability of the school to meet those needs.
- Response to Notification. Once selected, you will have 5-7 days to respond to the offer for acceptance.