The Xavier University Montessori teacher education programs grant an American Montessori Credential and Ohio Pre-Kindergarten or Kindergarten to grade 3 licensure. The programs are affiliated with the American Montessori Society, and accredited by the Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education.
The graduate program in Montessori education is based on a strong foundation in child development. The program prepares the student with an understanding of Dr. Montessori's philosophy in light of the education of the past and present. The Montessori curriculum courses prepare the student to teach practical life, art, music, movement, sensorial, math, language, geography, science and history.
Child development is emphasized in courses EDME 563,559,550 and is an integral part of all of the courses. Ohio teacher licensure for Pre-K and K-3, and American Montessori Early Childhood and Elementary certifications are available within the master's degree. Those holding a master's degree may obtain certification by planning a post-master's program with the director of the Montessori teacher education program.
- For further information about the M.Ed. in Montessori, including an application, please complete the web inquiry form.
- Questions regarding the application process may be e-mailed directly to the office of graduate Services firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To contact the director of the M.Ed. in Montessori Education, Gina Lofquist, call 513 745-3424 or 800 344-4698. Gina Lofquist can also be reached by email at email@example.com.
Director of Montessori Education
- Phone: 513-745-3424
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Building: Joseph Building, 301
- Phone: 513-745-3360
- Fax: 513-745-1048 or 800-344-4698
- Email: email@example.com
- Building: Elet Hall, 312