Xavier University Language Resource Center
The Language Resource Center (LRC) aims to prepare students for a world where the knowledge of other languages and cultures is an increasingly useful tool.
Location & Hours
- The Language Resource Center is located in rooms 403 and 404 of the Conaton Learning Commons.
- The LRC is available during the hours of operation of the Conaton Learning Commons. Access to the LRC is limited to those currently studying a language at Xavier University. The rooms are accessed via your AllCard.
- Hours: Monday to Thursday 7 AM -1 AM
- Friday 7 AM - 7 PM
- Saturday 8 AM - 6 PM
- Sunday 10 AM - 1 AM
We happily present Conversation Tables for students wishing to practice their conversation skills in another language. Each session is led by a native speaker or an instructor of the target language. Please stop by CLC 403 during the following times to join the conversation!
- Chinese: Mondays 3 PM - 4 PM
- German: Thursdays 2:30 PM - 3:30 PM
- Spanish: Thursdays 5 PM - 6 PM
- Japanese: Thursdays 4 PM - 5 PM (CLC 404)
- French: Fridays 1 PM - 2 PM
- Italian: 9/25, 10/9, 10/23, 11/6 and 11/20 1 PM - 2 PM
- ASL: Check with your instructor for various dates and times!
Virtual Coaching Sessions
Note to students participating in the Virtual Coaching Sessions: Instructions on how to check out equipment and joining these sessions are found under the Guides / Resources section. If there is a class in progress in CLC 404, please be respectful others and keep the noise level at an appropriate level. You can always use the laptops in CLC 403 to attend your coaching session as well!