The President’s Vision for the University 2010-2015
Xavier’s mission is to form students intellectually, morally, and spiritually with rigor and compassion towards lives of solidarity, service, and success. To better fulfill our mission in the next five years and beyond, Xavier University will:
- Deepen our commitment to our Jesuit, Catholic mission, identity, vision and values in everything we do and to enhance our leadership in mission and identity work across the Jesuit network.
- Enhance our student-centered educational experience through both traditional and new majors, programs, opportunities, etc., building upon areas of excellence and expertise to better meet the needs of the world around us.
- Grow across all student enrollments – undergraduate, graduate, adult, part-time, transfer, and non-traditional – while maintaining and enhancing traditional markers of student success: retention and graduation rates, graduate school and career placement, etc.
- Improve our human, financial, physical and technological resources to accommodate the University growth and fulfill the mission of the University.
- Strengthen connections with our surrounding communities, our alumni and other friends of the University so as to become a more civically engaged university and broaden our base of support.