Located between the Lindner Family Physics Building and Albers Hall on the Academic Mall, Logan Hall serves
as Xavier University's chemistry building. Since it was built in 1953, Logan Hall has housed courses in chemistry,
as well as offices and service areas. There is also a wide assortment of lab equipment available for student and
faculty purposes. Located within Logan Hall is a time capsule containing textbooks, research papers, faculty publications, typical examinations, and various chemical materials collected during the "Atomic Age" and is
to be opened in 2053.
Named After: Thomas J. Logan, a Cincinnati clothing manufacturer.
- Chemistry Department
- Chemistry Laboratories
- Traditional classrooms
- Thomas J. Logan donated $335,000 to Xavier for construction in 1930.
- Logan's funds were not used due to low enrollment during the war. They were then used to construct Logan Hall in 1953.