Michael J. Conaton Learning Commons
At the heart of the James E. Hoff, S.J. Academic Quad is the Michael J. Conaton Learning Commons named for a 1955 graduate, former acting University president, chairman of the Board of Trustees from 1985-2004 and current board member. The naming was at the request of Charles P. Gallagher ‘60, whose generous gift helped to build the state-of-the-art facility.
- Academic Advising
- Career Services
- Center for Teaching Excellence
- Classroom Support
- Connection Center Desk
- Digital Media Lab
- Faculty Fellows
- Grant Services
- Charles Geschke Terrace
- The Hoff Marketplace
- Honors Lounge
- The Catherine and Lawrence Kennedy Auditorium
- Marge Schott Atrium
- Math Lab
- Modern Language Lab
- Student Academic Support Services
- Technology Training Room
- Writing Center
- The terrace namesake, Adobe co-founder, Dr. Charles Geschke ’62, ’63, received an honorary degree of Doctor of Humane Letters, honoris causa, in 2011 for his service to the community and his support of Xavier.
- Hoff Market is named for Fr. James E. Hoff, S.J., Xavier’s President from 1991-2000.
- Catherine ‘Kate’ Kennedy, the namesake of the Auditorium, was a 1964 Edgecliff graduate, Xavier trustee from 1998-2012, and 2012 Founder’s Day Award Recipient.
- The first gift towards the “To See Great Wonders” capital campaign came from the Marge and Charles Schott Family Foundation for which the two-story CLC Atrium is named.
Opened: July 20, 2010
Square Footage: 84,000
Named After: Michael J. Conaton '55, trustee and benefactor