Statement of Intent
The statement of intent essay is an important part of your application to the Xavier University graduate program in health services administration. The essay provides you with the opportunity to demonstrate your writing skills, and address several questions which our admissions committee will review when considering your application.
- Essay must be between 1,000 words (minimum) and 1,200 words (maximum).
- Essay must demonstrate the ability to clearly, concisely and articulately answer each question
- Essay should have standard page margins of 1 inch and be double-spaced.
- Essay scoring will include content, spelling, grammar, punctuation, professional appearance, writing style and quality
Questions the statement of intent should address:
- What in your background has led you to an interest in health services administration?
- Why are you interested specifically in Xavier's MHSA versus another institution's program?
- What personal, professional and educational experiences have prepared you to be a successful graduate student in our program?
- What do you want to accomplish with the MHSA degree? (what are your career objectives)
- What are the three key issues that have the greatest influence on the future of the care system in the United States? Briefly explain.