Internal MHSA Scholarships
MHSA Academic Scholarship
Up to $9,000 is awarded to students who excel academically, show strong evidence of leadership and community service and demonstrate a commitment to the field of health services administration. Applicants must have an undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or higher. Only applicants to the full-time program may apply. MHSA academic scholarship applications must be submitted by April 30. Email email@example.com for the application.
Xavier University Graduate Services Minority Scholarships
Up to $9,000 is awarded annually to minority students who excel both academically, show strong evidence of leadership and community service and demonstrate a commitment to the field of health services administration. Applicants must meet the XUGPHSA standards for unconditional admission to the program as a full-time student, and qualify as one of the minority classifications outlined on the scholarship application. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the application.
Xavier University Graduate Services Scholarships
A limited number of XU Graduate Services Scholarships are available to new students for the Fall semester. The number and amount vary annually. These scholarships are awarded for academic excellence.
Xavier University Graduate Assistantships
When available, graduate assistantships are awarded to assist professors with research and to assist the administrative staff with variety of undertakings. These assistantships may include tuition remission and an hourly rate for work as determined by the University.
Graduate Program in Health Services Administration Endowed Scholarships
The following scholarship established by loyal supporters of the graduate program provide partial support to qualifying students in the graduate program in health services administration. The program’s scholarships provide partial, not full, assistance. They may be awarded to outstanding candidates in each entering class, as well as to the top students in each class usually in the early Spring semester of the first year. The number and amount vary annually.
- Audrey Custer Alonso Scholarship: Established by a personal estate.
- Edward J. Arlinghaus, Ph.D. Scholarship: Established in memory of a past program director.
- Helen Hennigan Diehl and Thomas J. Klinedinst Scholarship: Established by St. Francis Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Galvin Scholarship: Established from a personal estate.
- L. H. Gunter Scholarship: Established by members of the Veterans Administration Health Care System.
- Harry J. Hocks Memorial Scholarship: Established in memory of Harry J. Hocks.
- Charles E. Housley Scholarship: Established from a personal estate.
- Foster G. McGaw Scholarship: Established by the Association for University Program in Health Administration (AUPHA).
- Glen T. Randolph Scholarship: Established from a personal estate.
- Mary Claire Shaunnessey Memorial Scholarship: Established from the George P. Shaunnessey estate in memory of their daughter.
- David Stiefler and Sherri Lee Stiefler Memorial Scholarship: Established by the Stiefler estate in memory of the husband and daughter.